Author Topic: Smokin-it Model # 3 out of the box review  (Read 12205 times)

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
Smokin-it Model # 3 out of the box review
« Reply #-1 on: February 28, 2012, 07:47:45 PM »
This is the Smokin-it Model #3 that is 15" wide by 20" deep. The packaging on this smoker is spot-on..the old box in a box trick really works. Just screw in the -4- very large casters. This smoker does not even need a stand because the large casters raise it up high. Due to the fact that the smoker is deeper than it is wide, it has a nice long heating element. Smoker box comes completely out and the roof top is hinged to add wood. This sucker can hold a bunch of wood. The owner included free a chip screen so if you use chips this screen sets on the bottom and the chips wont fall through on the heating element. This unit has -4- heavy duty racks that are almost as long as a 20 lb bag of Kingsford!!
Included is a stainless steel tray that slides into rails mounted under the smoker...no more critters or wind blowing your grease all over the back yard.
I have the unit seasoning right now and does this sucker produce the smoke...nice.
Just guessing I think this unit can hold 6-8 full untrimmed Spare ribs at one time and probably -3- packer briskets.

I was borrowing my buddies Cookshack earlier this year so I all about "Cook-Shack Quality".

The Cookshack has the probe that you plug into the unit and you drop it down the top air-vent and with the Smoke-in it you just run your lead down from your thermometer and it will do the same thing.
The Cookshack has a little locking tab on its handle and the Smokin-it does not. I feel the tab is not necessary.

Now the quality part....there is no difference whatsoever!!!!  This thing is built like a brick sh%#-house!!

The cost.......you would spend easily a 1000 bucks more than a Smokin-Tex or a Cookshack and this Model #3 might just be a tad bit larger than the competitions larger offerings. The Smokin-it #3 is 499.00 and is an absolute bargain.

It might be the best bang for the buck of any type of grill or smoker in the bbq industry. The customer service is spot on and they e-mailed me back right away and answered all my questions. Good luck finding a bad review on-line..there aren't any!! People just love this company and this smoker.

If you are thinking about an electric smoker and want a top "Cook-Shack Quality" smoker without the "Cook-Shack Over-Priced Over-hyped" unit...grab yourself a Smokin-it Model #1  #2  or  #3  for hundreds or even a thousand less!!

Here is there web-site:   http://www.smokin-it.com/

Here are some pictures........inside shots will come later this weekend when I cook in it!!

Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Joined 12-5-11   Member# 32

Offline muebe

• Santa Clarita,Ca
Re: Smokin-it Model # 3 out of the box review
« on: February 28, 2012, 09:31:20 PM »
That is really nice smoke! It does look just like a cookshack to me. Sounds like a great smoker for the price.
Member #22
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
Traeger PTG with PID
PBC
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)
Uuni 2 Wood Fired Pizza Oven

Offline Kora Smoker

« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2012, 09:11:10 PM »
Congrats on the new smoker buddy. Seems like ole Robbie was left in the dust by smokeasaurus
Pit Barrel Cooker
Weber 26 kettle
Rec Tec 680
Gabby's Grill Santa Maria add on for weber kettle 26 inch
Gateway Drum Smoker

Offline Dakota Don

• Sioux Falls, South Dakota
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2012, 12:06:19 AM »
Congrats on that new smoker! And thanks for the review and info. We're looking forward to seeing the details of your many successful cooks that will be happening soon.  ;)
C.B. BEESR
Masterbuilt Electric Smoker
C.B. 4 Burner Infrared - Natural Gas
Holland Grill - Natural Gas

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2012, 10:53:34 AM »
Through March 17 you get a free cover and chip screen when you order the Model #2...come on Robbie...go electric!!! :D :D
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Joined 12-5-11   Member# 32

Offline Dakota Don

• Sioux Falls, South Dakota
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2012, 10:46:07 PM »
Looks great smoke, I'm anxious to see pics and posts on the cooks you do in this thing! Man, those wheels are huge (I've never seen wheels that big on a cooker) you could put a small motor on the back and drive that thing around the neighborhood.  :o
C.B. BEESR
Masterbuilt Electric Smoker
C.B. 4 Burner Infrared - Natural Gas
Holland Grill - Natural Gas

Offline africanmeat

• Cape Town South Africa
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2012, 05:49:12 AM »
we don't have this model in SA
Ahron
cadac gas grill
GMG Daniel Boone