Author Topic: Moon Eclipse 2015  (Read 3906 times)

Offline Smokin Don

• Pellet Smoker Cooking
Re: Moon Eclipse 2015
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2015, 12:30:13 PM »
Looks like a reflection.  The color of the reflection is interesting.  Do you have a screw on filter over the lens? If so a slight angle might cause the reflection.

Glad you got to see it. Was cloudy here.
Yes I do have a polarized filter on to protect my lens so it could have been a reflection Terry. Don
Correction it is a UV filter!
« Last Edit: September 29, 2015, 04:12:10 PM by Smokin Don »
Traeger 07E pellet smoker
Weber E210 gas grill
Weber Jumbo Joe Charcoal
Camp Chef Pro 30 gas burner
Camp Chef Iron Griddle
Lodge CI Hibachi
Instant Pot Pressure Cooker
I am not aging, just marinating
I think I am starting to age!
http://pelletsmokercooking.blogspot.com/

Offline spuds

• Girl says Hi from the SoCal Mtns.
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2015, 01:38:32 AM »
We have a clear shot of the moon from out two decks and the first night we had two many clouds.......last night we had a clear shot.......the first night...Rim of the World Highway had all the turn-outs packed with star-gazers.......made it a rough ride to get Wendy from work.......glad it is over.............
yup,we were on the first one about 1/2 mile from lake drive,the one that says you need an adventure pass (BTW,you dont,there is no requirement to pay the ticket for parking there,they wont tell you that tho.Since I pay my taxes here,that kinda chaps my hide).

We got last spot,everyone cleared out when the cloud was there.Wound up just us and a lady from her car there.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2015, 01:44:51 AM by spuds »
Feel free to share my pictorials anywhere you like.Could mention from Spuds if you remember.

Offline deestafford

• Augusta, GA
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2015, 11:06:01 AM »
Y'all don't know nothin' 'bout planets.  Don't y'all ever read them scientific journals and the honest blogs on the 'net?  That is a planet from the parallel universe.  Dee
This post may contain misspellings, grammatical errors, disorganized sentence structure, misquotes, and lack a coherent theme.  These elements are natural to the process of writing, and will only add to the beauty of the post.

Five Burner Quantum IR Grill , TBE, SRG, 2 MES, 3 Bayou Cookers

Offline Susie-Que

« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2016, 01:12:18 AM »
I am late to reply on this.

At least one pic what looks like regular lens flare, and the others have ghosting from your filter.  Either way,  it is caused by light bouncing around in the glass.
Venus wuld be a very small bright disk or dot.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2016, 01:32:02 AM by Susie-Que »