Author Topic: Beef Chuck Roast  (Read 621 times)

Offline GrillGirl@cookinpellets

Beef Chuck Roast
« Reply #-1 on: January 27, 2016, 04:33:15 PM »
Thanks Joseph Victor Fiorino for this great recipe! Looks delicious!

My pellet of choice is the Premium Perfect Mix for today's smoke!
Dry rub recipe that was used on the Beef Chuck Roasts:
1/2 cup Salt
1/4 cup Garlic Powder
1/4 cup Onion Powder
1/8 cup Black Pepper
1/4 cup Chili Powder
1 tsp Oregano
1 tsp Parsley "ground"
1 -32oz of Swanson's Beef Broth
1- lrg foil pan
Going to smoke these Beef Chuck Roasts at 225 degrees for the first 3 hours and 1-1/2 on both sides and check the internal temperature looking to reach 150 degrees then I'll place them in a pan add the beef broth and cover with foil until the Beef Chuck Roasts internal temperature reaches 195 degrees. I'll pull them off the smoker at that time and let them rest for 2 hours and I'll shred them serve with and with BBQ sauce.

Okay guys the smoker is up to temperature at 225 degrees time to place the Beef Chuck Roasts on the smoker, like I said 1-1/2 hours on each side then check the internal temperature looking to hit 150 degrees and then place them in the pan add the 32oz of Swanson's Beef Broth and cover with foil.

Here we go guys just at the 3 hr mark checked internal temps, had to pull out my old reliable temperature probe seems my other one took a dump! No biggie anyway internal temps are at 150 degrees is what We are looking for, time to place these Beef Chuck Roasts in the pan add I container of Swanson's Beef Broth which is about 32oz. Cover them in foil and let them go for at least another 2 hrs or until internal temps hit 195 degrees.

Okay we have reached our internal temperature of 195 degrees, time to pull them off and let them rest for 2 hrs. Then it's time to shred those Beef Chuck Roasts!

Offline Pam Gould

• Lima, Ohio..Lost in middle America
Re: Beef Chuck Roast
« on: January 27, 2016, 05:36:43 PM »
Wish I was there.  .☆´¯`•.¸¸. ི♥ྀ.
Blackstone 22" Griddle
Cook Air
Cobb Grill w/ rotisserie
SRG
BEESR
G2G
CB tabletop propane grill