Author Topic: Broil King Smoke Offset Smoker  (Read 48001 times)

Offline TMB

• Toney, Alabama
Re: Broil King Smoke Offset Smoker
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2016, 05:15:02 PM »
Well if it's Smoochy approved then your ready to SMOKE!!!!!!! :D :D :D

Smoochy won't steer you wrong ;) ;) ;)
Member #2
2 SRG's  (infrared)
1 BEESR (ele Big Easy infrared)
1 DC smoker/ charcoal SRG (infrared)
1 Infrared smoker (Home Built pellet smoker)
1 Grill2go ice (infrared)
Rec-Tec smoker
Weber Smokey Joe (Silver)
I HAVE AN INFRARED ADDICTION

Offline Tailgating is my game

« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2016, 05:47:43 PM »
Looks great I hope you get many great years of use out of it...ENJOY!
Big Easy IR fryer
Margaritaville Tailgating Grill. (Jets)
Char-Broil Grill2Go X200
Pizza Pronto Gas Pizza oven & WOK
Coleman Portable Propane Fryer
Sears 4 burner gas G

Weber 22 inch Chal
Uniflame Little Char
Sizzle-Q griddle
Gasone butane
Magma 15 boat gas grill

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2016, 05:51:08 PM »
Looks well made Smoke!!! Looks like one I would want; especially since it has a bottle opener on it! :) Don

I better get some bottled beer........gotta try out that opener....this is a product review you know  ;)
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Joined 12-5-11   Member# 32

Offline RG

• Just a Fat Guy Cooking Stuff
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2016, 06:49:29 PM »
Well congrats to you man! I almost feel like an unofficial Broil King rep here as I have a history with them and their Keg. I own 3 of them and am friends with a few of their employees. The bottle opener thing is big with them, it's something that is simple and yet wonder why every grill doesn't have one, lol. I've always wanted another offset but like you, I don't want a $150.00 one, been there done that. I may have to see what kind of deal I might be able to talk myself into with my BK contacts :P

I am looking forward to you doing a cook. Might I suggest brisket? That, to me, is THE best thing to cook in an offset and is a true barometer of how well your smoker smokes. One last observation, I like how it almost seems as if it were made just for you and it has your name under the words Broil King!

Great write up, now go cook on that bad boy and let us know your thoughts, we're all waiting!!!!
A revolving door of cookers and smokers. Some are keepers, some are here today, gone tomorrow!

Offline Cajunate

• Eatin Louisiana
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2016, 07:39:37 PM »
Nice! Great deal too.
Does it have any significant leaks that require sealing?
Traeger Executive 125
Broil King Keg 4000
Primo Jr. Oval
 Cast Iron Jambalaya Pot
Various Outdoor Burners and Pots
Custom made Deep Fryer
Old Fashioned Open Pit Grill

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2016, 10:43:30 PM »
Nice! Great deal too.
Does it have any significant leaks that require sealing?

Just a little bit on the left side of the door but I can't complain. Doors actually fit pretty snug. BK did a good job.
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2016, 10:44:54 PM »
Well congrats to you man! I almost feel like an unofficial Broil King rep here as I have a history with them and their Keg. I own 3 of them and am friends with a few of their employees. The bottle opener thing is big with them, it's something that is simple and yet wonder why every grill doesn't have one, lol. I've always wanted another offset but like you, I don't want a $150.00 one, been there done that. I may have to see what kind of deal I might be able to talk myself into with my BK contacts :P

I am looking forward to you doing a cook. Might I suggest brisket? That, to me, is THE best thing to cook in an offset and is a true barometer of how well your smoker smokes. One last observation, I like how it almost seems as if it were made just for you and it has your name under the words Broil King!

Great write up, now go cook on that bad boy and let us know your thoughts, we're all waiting!!!!

I would like to think that BK named the offset after me  ;D

A brisket is definitely coming up for a cook. Just waiting for Staters to get some in  8)
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Offline LostArrow

• Often wrong but never in doubt!
« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2016, 08:30:52 AM »

I would like to think that BK named the offset after me  ;D

A brisket is definitely coming up for a cook. Just waiting for Staters to get some in  8)
Smoke your liver might need a few short cooks to get into shape before the brisket  ::)
New Braunfels El Darado
Hasty-Bake
Genesis S-330 gasser
Weber Red Genesis 1000
Weber q220
CharBroil CB-740
Char-Griller Kamodo
Curbside kettle
Big Homemade Horizonal smoker @ hunt camp

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2016, 10:16:59 AM »
Good call LA. Cupcake chicken tomorrow it is  8)
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2016, 04:12:30 PM »
Forgot to mention that Broil King included these nifty little grilling tools with the smoker. I betcha Regular Guy has the long handled one, they show in the video how it is used to adjust the Rotodraft dampers. I believe the Kegs have a larger version on the lid. The other is for the cast iron grates,
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2016, 04:16:11 PM »
Cleaned the off-set......not bad. Using Kingsford along with the lump still produced way much ash for my liking.
Gonna give this a try tonight when we smoke a London Broil

They even claim on the back of the bag that this briq/lump hybrid is good for Kamado style cookers.......so I am hoping ash production is low

Hmmm...kinda looks like Mesquite infused Kingsford...but they do have different feel to them.....we will see this evening

Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Offline RG

• Just a Fat Guy Cooking Stuff
« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2016, 06:52:31 PM »
Smoke, that tool is similar to what comes with the Keg. The new ones might look like that though, I don't know. The one that I have looks like yours minus the hook part. As for the Roto Draft, you got it right, there is a larger one on top of the keg and a smaller one on the front which is attached to the removable ash pan (on 5000 models only)
A revolving door of cookers and smokers. Some are keepers, some are here today, gone tomorrow!

Offline Savannahsmoker

« Reply #26 on: April 13, 2016, 07:00:29 PM »
Man that makes me miss our Lang offset.
Still remember throwing on some charcoal, light it and wait until he white shows and than throw on some split hickory logs and cook with wood.  Very tasty BBQ and if yours does as good as it looks i might venture back into one.
Gone to be following this with interest.

art
Art

Blaz'n Grill Works Grid Iron (Copper)
Royall RG 2000 (gone to live with nephew)
Weber Genesis E-330 (Copper)
The Big Easy
Weber Smokey Joe Gold for fun and vacation,

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #27 on: April 13, 2016, 07:37:24 PM »
Man that makes me miss our Lang offset.
Still remember throwing on some charcoal, light it and wait until he white shows and than throw on some split hickory logs and cook with wood.  Very tasty BBQ and if yours does as good as it looks i might venture back into one.
Gone to be following this with interest.

art

This off-set surprised me. The quality and fit and finish is very nice. While it is not a 1/4 welded Lang, this is a far cry from the home improvement store offerings.

I will try to do my best on this review and tell it like it is  :)
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Offline Savannahsmoker

« Reply #28 on: April 13, 2016, 10:27:57 PM »
this is a far cry from the home improvement store offerings.

That's what I am talking about. 
Only thing is, based on my and many other's experiences this should come with an outdoor fridge for he all night beer and ice. ;D
As I said I am interested and if it runs well on sticks I might jump in.
Art

Blaz'n Grill Works Grid Iron (Copper)
Royall RG 2000 (gone to live with nephew)
Weber Genesis E-330 (Copper)
The Big Easy
Weber Smokey Joe Gold for fun and vacation,