Author Topic: Setting the vent opening?  (Read 5909 times)

Offline Bacala

Re: Setting the vent opening?
« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2014, 12:16:24 PM »
DonR9,
You have to decide which instructions to follow. I learned last night that there are three versions, one for fluid and two for chimneys. I think this is why my two cooks ran cool, as I followed the printed instructions and lit just 40 coals, but last night I found the lighting how-to video on PBC's site and in it Noah lights a whole chimney. Big difference there. I'm going to do that next time.

I don't think they are setting the vent at the factory any more. Mine came swinging loose, too.

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
  • Brevard NC - Home Of Hillbilly Caviar
    • Savor Spices
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2014, 10:52:19 PM »
I don't think they are setting the vent at the factory any more. Mine came swinging loose, too.

That is a question worth asking of Noah and Amber. Please e-mail or call them - it would be useful to know if this has changed, so that we can offer the best information/support for the product.
BBQ is neither verb or noun. It is an experience.
Fine Swine and Bovine BBQ Team - Home of squeal and veal!
Beer, Butter and Bacon make everything better.
PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401

Offline hikerman

« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2014, 11:19:30 PM »
Mine came loose but......with simple instructions on how to set it given my elevation.

Offline Pit Barrel Cooker Co.

« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2014, 09:16:47 PM »
Thanks for the post, the vent comes set at 1/2 way and needs to be adjusted upon arrival (there is a diagram on both our website and in the included instructions). Sometimes they can come loose in transit. The instructions to follow are those that come with your PBC also those that can be found on our website under instructions. The video needs to be updated and will be soon, as always feel free to call with any questions, thank you!