Author Topic: Bean Lovers Pie  (Read 3297 times)

Offline TwoPockets

Re: Bean Lovers Pie
« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2014, 03:29:45 PM »
Don,

I grew up in North Dakota - we ate pumpkin pie. Then I moved to Des Moines and tasted sweet potato pie and it was eye opening. For those who don't know - the folks living in Des Moines consider themselves in the south - I loved it.

Now you throw this one at me... well I just have to try it. I am going back to ND to see my dad and brothers for Thanksgiving. I am printing this recipe and going to spring it on them. Should be a blast! Thank you!

And Ken, I am with you on the English pea pie - let's come up with something.. :)

Best to all,

D

I think I will do one just to freak Muebe out. I don't think I would eat it though.
Ken

Weber Performer charcoal grill
Char-Broil The Big Easy
Char-Broil H20 electric smoker (back from the dead)
Camp Chef Expedition propane outdoor range
Camp Chef Italia Artisan pizza oven
Half a ton(literally) of cast iron cookware

Offline Smokin Don

• Pellet Smoker Cooking
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2014, 05:42:51 PM »
Now that is something different. Now you need to make one with English peas for all the pea lovers on here.
Sorry muebe  :( the one that looks worth trying Ken is an English pork pie that has mashed peas on top all baked in a ramekin encrusted with pie crust. Sometime after the holidays I would like to try one. If you see the post muebe and others don't look!  ::) Don
Traeger 07E pellet smoker
Weber E210 gas grill
Weber Jumbo Joe Charcoal
Camp Chef Pro 30 gas burner
Camp Chef Iron Griddle
Lodge CI Hibachi
Instant Pot Pressure Cooker
I am not aging, just marinating
I think I am starting to age!
http://pelletsmokercooking.blogspot.com/

Offline drholly

• Member No Longer With Us
  • Brooklyn Park, MN
« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2014, 05:49:23 PM »
Now that is something different. Now you need to make one with English peas for all the pea lovers on here.
Sorry muebe  :( the one that looks worth trying Ken is an English pork pie that has mashed peas on top all baked in a ramekin encrusted with pie crust. Sometime after the holidays I would like to try one. If you see the post muebe and others don't look!  ::) Don

There is a trailer / food truck in Sydney Australia down on the waterfront. Food trucks were banned, but this one was grandfathered in many years ago - called Harry's Pie de Wheels (or close to that). They make a beef or pork hand pie with smashed peas on top. Absolutely delicious! But, don't wear a tie or a white shirt - they will be ruined!

One of my favorite places in the world. Someday I will make one for Pappy!

D
You can't catch a fish if you don't get a line wet...
Pit Barrel Cooker, Char Broil Electric Smoker, Charbroil Prototype Kettleman, Char Broil 500X, Blackstone Flat Top, Char-Broil SRG, Weber Performer, ANOVA sous vide device, Lodge Hibachi, Discada, Chimenea, fire pit, hunk of pink salt...
Member #