Author Topic: Tube smoker with Pit Barrel cooker?  (Read 66522 times)

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
  • Brevard NC - Home Of Hillbilly Caviar
    • Savor Spices
Re: Tube smoker with Pit Barrel cooker?
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2015, 09:12:03 PM »
Just so that everyone understands why LTBBQ, and it's Moderators and Administrators are adamant about food safety issues - We do not want anyone to do something that could put their family, friends or themselves at undue risk. Frankly - we will always defer to the USDA, and/or FDA where applicable as providing the guidelines upon which food safety advisements are made.

And - for the record...no one can control what any of us do, nor is it anyone else's responsibility for any and all actions each of us take, and decisions easy of us make regarding food safety.

BUT....we do feel that it is only prudent to advise everyone to adhere to known safe practices - as established by USDA/FDA for safe food handling.
BBQ is neither verb or noun. It is an experience.
Fine Swine and Bovine BBQ Team - Home of squeal and veal!
Beer, Butter and Bacon make everything better.
PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401

Offline ronman451

• Albuquerque, New Mexico
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2015, 12:56:29 AM »
Just so that everyone understands why LTBBQ, and it's Moderators and Administrators are adamant about food safety issues - We do not want anyone to do something that could put their family, friends or themselves at undue risk. Frankly - we will always defer to the USDA, and/or FDA where applicable as providing the guidelines upon which food safety advisements are made.

And - for the record...no one can control what any of us do, nor is it anyone else's responsibility for any and all actions each of us take, and decisions easy of us make regarding food safety.

BUT....we do feel that it is only prudent to advise everyone to adhere to known safe practices - as established by USDA/FDA for safe food handling.

As a novice to many of the cooking techniques discussed around here, I for one appreciate this very much, and want to say thank you for your advice on food safety. I've learned a lot over the last few days reading/participating in this and other threads...
Ron

-Memphis Elite
-PBC
-Weber Genesis II
-Weber 26" Kettle

Offline Ka Honu

« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2015, 11:35:22 AM »
tee - What an excellently crafted reply which both explains and demonstrates the concept of CYA without ever using the word "liability."
Everyone is entitled to my opinion

Offline Pappymn

Tube smoker with Pit Barrel cooker?
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2015, 11:53:25 AM »

tee - What an excellently crafted reply which both explains and demonstrates the concept of CYA without ever using the word "liability."

He really has a gift for long run on paragraphs that in the end make my head hurt 8)
Pappy

Proud Owner of Mak 2 Star General #1,000
Weber Performer
Blackstone SS Griddle
Member #109

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
    • Savor Spices
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2015, 03:44:34 PM »

Thanks - but the honest explanation for not even the intimation of the "L Word" ( no...not that one...LIABILITY :o ;D ) is because it is not necessary. See the User Agreement. ;)
And, in truth - but without sounding "preachy" - I genuinely desire that all participants here will allow their conscience for the safety of all to guide any advice given. That would be to remind each of us - there are guides published by the earlier mentioned food safety constabulary ( a.k.a - USDA/FDA ) which should be the final word. What each individual chooses to do in variance of stated advisements based on USAD/FDA is completely up to them and the consequences shall not be abridged to LTBBQ. Period. ( court precedence is established at District, Apellate, and U.S. Supreme Court levels siding with our policy on this matter).

Now - before anyone gets heartburn form even thinking about law and lawyers...GO COOK SOMETHING..... :D :D :D
PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401

Offline Ka Honu

« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2015, 05:07:09 PM »
He really has a gift for long run on paragraphs that in the end make my head hurt

... and he just did it again. I feel your pain, Pappy. Luckily I have lots of tequila on hand to remedy the problem.
Everyone is entitled to my opinion

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
    • Savor Spices
« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2015, 05:09:46 PM »
You are welcome :D
PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401

Offline muebe

• Santa Clarita,Ca
« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2015, 11:08:38 AM »

Thanks - but the honest explanation for not even the intimation of the "L Word" ( no...not that one...LIABILITY :o ;D ) is because it is not necessary. See the User Agreement. ;)
And, in truth - but without sounding "preachy" - I genuinely desire that all participants here will allow their conscience for the safety of all to guide any advice given. That would be to remind each of us - there are guides published by the earlier mentioned food safety constabulary ( a.k.a - USDA/FDA ) which should be the final word. What each individual chooses to do in variance of stated advisements based on USAD/FDA is completely up to them and the consequences shall not be abridged to LTBBQ. Period. ( court precedence is established at District, Apellate, and U.S. Supreme Court levels siding with our policy on this matter).

Now - before anyone gets heartburn form even thinking about law and lawyers...GO COOK SOMETHING..... :D :D :D

Shouldn't the print on this post be really too small to read and have an announcer reading it so fast that you cannot understand?
Member #22
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
Traeger PTG with PID
PBC
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)
Uuni 2 Wood Fired Pizza Oven