Author Topic: rhubarb pie  (Read 60894 times)

Offline CDN Smoker

• Manitoba, Canada
Re: rhubarb pie
« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2015, 11:46:55 PM »
My Mom is a big fan Pam, passed on to her ;D
"GO JETS GO"

MAK 2 Star #1351
Traeger Model BBQ 124, # 1106

Nothing has really happened until it has been recorded. – Virginia Woolf (Usually misquoted as “no pictures, didn’t happen”)

Any mistakes in my writing is by Apple and I am tired of fighting with him as to who is correct.

Offline Las Vegan Cajun

• Ralph in LA$ VEGA$
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2015, 12:18:53 AM »
Pie looks great, thanks for sharing. ;)
Laissez Les Bon Temps Rouler
----------------------
Magma Marine Kettle, Camp Chef Single Burner, Dutch Oven Table & Denali 3X, Lodge Habachi, BEESR, WSJ w/GrillGrates, WSM 18.5, Masterbuilt Pro Smoker, Anova Sous Vide (X2), Traeger Jr, 12" A-MAZE-N Tube, PBC, LEM Dehydrator, Dorkfood (DSV)

Offline Smokin Don

• Pellet Smoker Cooking
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2015, 12:24:41 AM »
Looks delish Pam!!! I love good rhubarb pie, all you can find in the stores has strawberries in it, I want just all rhubarb!!! That had to be good!!! Don
Traeger 07E pellet smoker
Weber E210 gas grill
Weber Jumbo Joe Charcoal
Camp Chef Pro 30 gas burner
Camp Chef Iron Griddle
Lodge CI Hibachi
Instant Pot Pressure Cooker
I am not aging, just marinating
I think I am starting to age!
http://pelletsmokercooking.blogspot.com/

Offline Pam Gould

• Lima, Ohio..Lost in middle America
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2015, 06:15:02 AM »
One of my mom's favorites - well, she made it and I loved it - was rhubarb apple crisp. Shame on me, I never got the recipe. But, I am betting you have one... my brother has a rhubarb patch and I have a killer whipped cream... can you help me out?
David..I would just make some apple crisp and add the rhubarb to it...I'm thinking a couple of cups cut up. I do hav e a recipe for rhubarb crisp. Got it from a girl that worked for me in the beauty shop.  Sounds good to me, this was just rhubarb, I don't like it with the strawberries. I make a mean apple pie with a handful of the red hot cinnamon candies in it, really kicks up an apple pie. I love stuff like that. On DDD someone made a pie with green grapes in it..gonna try that too. nobody doesn't like pie. I just got an old book all about pie from an Amish site, has over 700 recipes in it. I gotta start walking again soon as it warms up some. 0º as we speak, about -16 wind chill, I am not going out so might as well bake something. Did I mention I love to bake?  .☆´¯`•.¸¸. ི♥ྀ. 
Blackstone 22" Griddle
Cook Air
Cobb Grill w/ rotisserie
SRG
BEESR
G2G
CB tabletop propane grill
Cobb grill with rotisserie
22" copper colored Weber / rotisseriw
Uuni pizza maker
Lodge Cast iron Hibachi
tons of cast iron
Anova
Member #3

Offline Pam Gould

« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2015, 10:53:42 AM »
Thanks for the recipe!!  I love rhubarb and have some in the freezer.  Need to make time to make this!
Tatonka, I cut the rhubarb up and set it in my freezing attached garage, threw it in the pie crust still frozen, dumped the filling on top it and baked it. Not a  problem. Came out great, very tasty if I say so myself, very tender, and great flavor. They must have just got this batch in cause it was big pieces of rhubarb. Wonder what else I can do from frozen. just go for it. Pam  .☆´¯`•.¸¸. ི♥ྀ. 
Blackstone 22" Griddle
Cook Air
Cobb Grill w/ rotisserie
SRG
BEESR
G2G
Uuni pizza maker
Lodge Cast iron Hibachi
tons of cast iron
Anova
Member #3

Offline hikerman

« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2015, 11:15:39 AM »
That's a wonderful looking pie Pam! My mother used to make a rhubarb-custard pie that I would kill for! Unfortunately no recipe....she did everything by "feel"!
We have an old patch behind our garage that we inherited when we bought the house. We throw our coffee grounds on/in the patch and it is thriving! My dearest makes pies, cobblers, etc. regularly.  ;)

Here's a great site for anything to do with rhubarb!
www.rhubarbinfo.com 

Offline Pam Gould

« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2015, 11:29:36 AM »
That's a wonderful looking pie Pam! My mother used to make a rhubarb-custard pie that I would kill for! Unfortunately no recipe....she did everything by "feel"!
We have an old patch behind our garage that we inherited when we bought the house. We throw our coffee grounds on/in the patch and it is thriving! My dearest makes pies, cobblers, etc. regularly.  ;)

Here's a great site for anything to do with rhubarb!
www.rhubarbinfo.com
Hikerman..you would like this pie then, it has a custard filing. Thanks for the site..checking it out for sure.  Pam  .☆´¯`•.¸¸. ི♥ྀ. 
Blackstone 22" Griddle
Cook Air
Cobb Grill w/ rotisserie
SRG
BEESR
G2G
Uuni pizza maker
Lodge Cast iron Hibachi
tons of cast iron