Author Topic: CHALLENGE: Your BEST Cheeseburger recipe!  (Read 44949 times)

Offline 1Bigg_ER

Re: CHALLENGE: Your BEST Cheeseburger recipe!
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2015, 05:24:10 PM »
I'm not sold on meat grinders for burger meat. I prefer the food processor for burgers.
KARUBECUE!!
Weber WSM 14.5
Weber Performer Platinum
Weber Smokey Mountain 22.5 AKA Big Worm
PBC AKA The chicken whisperer

Offline drholly

• Member No Longer With Us
  • Brooklyn Park, MN
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2015, 07:33:58 PM »
When I think of the best hamburgers or cheese burgers, I confess they are not mine. While I am proud of many things I cook, I have NEVER had or made a better burger than is found at the original small town diners. You know the ones - the food is cooked right in front of you while you sit at the counter or one of the few tables in the place.

They are thin but juicy, just a touch of salt and pepper, and cooked on a well seasoned flat top. A little crispy around the edges. On a simple white bun - the same size as the burger and buttered and toasted (lightly) on the grill. They are served with the best French fries, two dill pickle chips, and a glass of super cold frothy milk from one of those big milk dispensers with the huge counterweighted handle.

Dang, there is a Flame Burger 10 miles away - gotta run!
You can't catch a fish if you don't get a line wet...
Pit Barrel Cooker, Char Broil Electric Smoker, Charbroil Prototype Kettleman, Char Broil 500X, Blackstone Flat Top, Char-Broil SRG, Weber Performer, ANOVA sous vide device, Lodge Hibachi, Discada, Chimenea, fire pit, hunk of pink salt...
Member #

Offline Pappymn

CHALLENGE: Your BEST Cheeseburger recipe!
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2015, 07:52:25 PM »

When I think of the best hamburgers or cheese burgers, I confess they are not mine. While I am proud of many things I cook, I have NEVER had or made a better burger than is found at the original small town diners. You know the ones - the food is cooked right in front of you while you sit at the counter or one of the few tables in the place.

They are thin but juicy, just a touch of salt and pepper, and cooked on a well seasoned flat top. A little crispy around the edges. On a simple white bun - the same size as the burger and buttered and toasted (lightly) on the grill. They are served with the best French fries, two dill pickle chips, and a glass of super cold frothy milk from one of those big milk dispensers with the huge counterweighted handle.

Not cool. I grew up in that Flameburger. Can't tell you how many nights in high-school ended at the Flame. I dream of those Hash Browns.
You got me wanting them!
Pappy

Proud Owner of Mak 2 Star General #1,000
Weber Performer
Blackstone SS Griddle
Member #109

Offline drholly

• Member No Longer With Us
  • Brooklyn Park, MN
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2015, 07:59:24 PM »

Not cool. I grew up in that Flameburger. Can't tell you how many nights in high-school ended at the Flame. I dream of those Hash Browns.
You got me wanting them!

LOL - your picture is still on the wall...  ;) ;D ;D

And yeah - the hash browns even beat the burgers!
You can't catch a fish if you don't get a line wet...
Pit Barrel Cooker, Char Broil Electric Smoker, Charbroil Prototype Kettleman, Char Broil 500X, Blackstone Flat Top, Char-Broil SRG, Weber Performer, ANOVA sous vide device, Lodge Hibachi, Discada, Chimenea, fire pit, hunk of pink salt...
Member #

Offline TMB

• Toney, Alabama
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2015, 10:32:36 PM »
Here is my favorite.......

Bacon wrapped burger stuffed with cheese

Member #2
2 SRG's  (infrared)
1 BEESR (ele Big Easy infrared)
1 DC smoker/ charcoal SRG (infrared)
1 Infrared smoker (Home Built pellet smoker)
1 Grill2go ice (infrared)
Rec-Tec smoker
Weber Smokey Joe (Silver)
I HAVE AN INFRARED ADDICTION

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
  • Brevard NC - Home Of Hillbilly Caviar
    • Savor Spices
« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2015, 09:19:33 AM »
Now - THAT re-defines "Bacon - Cheese Burger"..... :D
BBQ is neither verb or noun. It is an experience.
Fine Swine and Bovine BBQ Team - Home of squeal and veal!
Beer, Butter and Bacon make everything better.
PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401

Offline Bjanson

CHALLENGE: Your BEST Cheeseburger recipe!
« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2016, 10:05:18 PM »
Tee, here are some stuffed burgers I did awhile back before I joined the board.

Burger number 1 was filled with Pepper Jack cheese, sliced jalapenos, onion and cooked garlic.

Burger number 2 was filled with Horseradish cheddar, Pepper jack, sliced jalapenos, sliced olives, onion and garlic.

Burgers number 3 was filled with Extra Sharp Cheddar and Swiss cheese, onion, garlic and homemade BBQ sauce.

Excellent flavors and very filling!  ;)

What are the burgers sitting in? The container. Sorry I'm new to the whole bbq thing. That looks awesome!
Grilling is the only sport where a fat bald man is a god.
Charbroil propane grill
Firepit open grill
Go bucks!!!