Author Topic: Cinnamon Crisp-Topped Cream Cheese Banana Nut Bread  (Read 54165 times)

Offline deestafford

• Augusta, GA
Cinnamon Crisp-Topped Cream Cheese Banana Nut Bread
« Reply #-1 on: May 14, 2015, 05:07:37 PM »
 I recently come across this recipe and it is great--the best banana nut bread I've ever tasted.  The recipe says it makes two loaves.  Twice I did it and it made one big loaf and the third time it overflowed all over the oven bottom.  It maybe because I substituted Self-Rising flour for the All-Purpose flour baking powder, baking soda and salt.  Also, I add some more banana. It won't  hurt if you want to increase the cinnamon.  Try this if you want some good sweet bread.  Dee

3/4 c butter, softened
8 oz cream cheese softened
2 c sugar
2 large eggs
3 c AP flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
About four medium bananas, mashed
1 c chopped pecans, toasted
1/2 tsp vanilla extract

Topping
1/2 c brown sugar
1/2 c chopped pecans, toasted
1 T AP flour
1 T melted butter
1/8 tsp ground cinnamon

Beat butter and cream cheese

Gradually add sugar beating until light and fluffy

Add eggs one at a time until just blended

Combine flour and next 3 ingredients and add to butter mixture. Mix at low speed until blended.

Stir in bananas, pecans, and vanilla extract.

Spoon into floured and greased loaf pan.

For the topping:  Stir together brown sugar, 1 T AP flour, 1 T melted butter and cinnamon.  Sprinkle evenly on banana mixture.

Bake at 350* 1 hour. Shield with foil last 15 minutes to prevent over browning.

Cool in loaf pan 10 minutes then 30 minutes on cooling rack  Then cut.

This post may contain misspellings, grammatical errors, disorganized sentence structure, misquotes, and lack a coherent theme.  These elements are natural to the process of writing, and will only add to the beauty of the post.

Five Burner Quantum IR Grill , TBE, SRG, 2 MES, 3 Bayou Cookers

Offline drholly

• Member No Longer With Us
  • Brooklyn Park, MN
Re: Cinnamon Crisp-Topped Cream Cheese Banana Nut Bread
« on: May 14, 2015, 05:19:22 PM »
Dee, That sounds delicious.
I was about to Bookmark it, but decided to print it instead - going to make it this weekend, and add it to my 3 ring binder.
Thanks!
You can't catch a fish if you don't get a line wet...
Pit Barrel Cooker, Char Broil Electric Smoker, Charbroil Prototype Kettleman, Char Broil 500X, Blackstone Flat Top, Char-Broil SRG, Weber Performer, ANOVA sous vide device, Lodge Hibachi, Discada, Chimenea, fire pit, hunk of pink salt...
Member #