Author Topic: GIANT Steaks, Anyone?  (Read 5392 times)

Offline Hub

Re: GIANT Steaks, Anyone?
« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2016, 08:15:59 AM »
I don't think small steaks make any sense at all.  If one is going to have a chunk of cow, make it a meal  :o  Life is too short for petite filets.  Let's have a STEAK  ::)

I haven't eaten at any of these establishments, but I did put away a two and a half pounder at a place in Phoenix a few years ago. 

Hub
Committed Pellethead & BBQ Writer
KCBS MCBJ & CTC
Ph.B.
Memphis Advantage
NOS American-made Traeger 075
Weber Performer
NG Weber Spirit (warming oven)
PBC
NO SMOKE DETECTOR IN MY OUTDOOR KITCHEN

Offline Smokerjunky

« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2016, 05:42:56 PM »
One of each please - not in the same sitting of course  :D
Grand Slam Pro
Weber Summit

Offline Tailgating is my game

« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2016, 02:20:09 PM »
I tried the 72 oz. steak at Big Tex's in Amarillo a while back....and it only cost me $72. An expensive experience since I had convinced myself that I could eat all of it for free. I had a hard time eating a quarter of it. I guess that's why they make you pay before you get your steak. You have to eat all of it plus a salad, baked potatoe, and a dinner roll loaded with butter all in one hour. You also have to eat a shrimp cocktail for an appetizer, but since I don't eat seafood, they let me substitute fried pickles. My take home box must have weighed about 5 pounds. I have to say that it tasted pretty good for awhile.

Did you video tape it? I think they have a live web cam
Big Easy IR fryer
Margaritaville Tailgating Grill. (Jets)
Char-Broil Grill2Go X200
Pizza Pronto Gas Pizza oven & WOK
Coleman Portable Propane Fryer
Sears 4 burner gas G

Weber 22 inch Chal
Uniflame Little Char
Sizzle-Q griddle
Gasone butane
Magma 15 boat gas grill

Offline IR2dum

• Houston, TX
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2016, 02:10:40 AM »
I tried the 72 oz. steak at Big Tex's in Amarillo a while back....and it only cost me $72. An expensive experience since I had convinced myself that I could eat all of it for free. I had a hard time eating a quarter of it. I guess that's why they make you pay before you get your steak. You have to eat all of it plus a salad, baked potatoe, and a dinner roll loaded with butter all in one hour. You also have to eat a shrimp cocktail for an appetizer, but since I don't eat seafood, they let me substitute fried pickles. My take home box must have weighed about 5 pounds. I have to say that it tasted pretty good for awhile.

Did you video tape it? I think they have a live web cam

Tailgate, the video evidence would not have been pretty. Sort of like teesquare trying to eat an Amish breakfast.

Offline RAD

« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2016, 08:28:53 PM »
16OZ is my go to steak and nothing more. I know there is now way I could be one of the super stars.
Love to cook and eat

Offline Hub

« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2016, 11:03:48 AM »
16OZ is my go to steak and nothing more. I know there is now way I could be one of the super stars.

Whenever I can I try to get a butcher to cut me nicely marbled ribeyes about two inches thick.  That typically turns out about a 16-20 steak that make a nice big meal for one or can be shared by two smaller appetites. 

Hub
Committed Pellethead & BBQ Writer
KCBS MCBJ & CTC
Ph.B.
Memphis Advantage
NOS American-made Traeger 075
Weber Performer
NG Weber Spirit (warming oven)
PBC
NO SMOKE DETECTOR IN MY OUTDOOR KITCHEN