FORUM SPONSORS > Kirby Cannon Stuffers

150 POUNDS OF SUMMER SAUSAGE

(1/4) > >>

CANNON-MAN:
Well it has been a while but I did help some friends make a 150 pound batch of summer sausage. We used one of my 7 gallon mixers and we did 3-50# batches. We used my 30# stuffer with a foot control system. This is the first time that my friends have made sausage so they did very well with the process. I am going to include some pictures and some videos.
First we weighed 25# of venison and 25# of pork butt.

here is the weighing process.

vimeo.com/244151807

And now the mixing process before the bucket mixer.

Now to the bucket mixer.

vimeo.com/244151890

Loading the stuffer.
vimeo.com/244151955

Here is my friend and his dad stuffing sausage for the first time. They have never stuffed sausage before or run my stuffer before and as you can see they are doing just fine. They are running kind of slowly but it was their first time.

vimeo.com/244152074

1 hour drying time and then 2 hours of heavy smoke and they are ready for the water bath.

vimeo.com/244152747

and now into the rack and into the water bath.

vimeo.com/244152793

And less then 1/2 hour in the water bath [bath at 160F] and the sausage taken to 155 F

Here is what they looked like after coming out of the water bath and about 1 hour to bloom. This is 1/2 of the project. We did 48-30 inch casings. Here are 24 of them.

The casings turned out tight with a very professional texture and color. The flavor was great.

sliding_billy:
That looks amazing!

akruckus:
Wow that looked like a whole lot of work that paid off in the end!

ACW3:
I've been thinking about making some SS with some of the elk meat I have.  I may need to get Nepas to drive north to come help.  We could meet at Tee's house and get his basement setup in high gear.  We could make some SS!!!

Art

HighOnSmoke:
Looks awesome!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version