Author Topic: Beer and Horseradish Mustard  (Read 869 times)

Offline Smokin Don

• Pellet Smoker Cooking
Beer and Horseradish Mustard
« Reply #-1 on: January 28, 2016, 01:46:45 PM »
Jan 28 2016

Yesterday I had my Ghee on cooking and was getting ingredients ready to make the mustard and didn’t realize I was supposed to let the beer, mustard seeds, and dry mustard mix set for four hours.  It was getting too late so I just let it set for an hour.

I found the recipe for brat bites and beer, horseradish mustard at Epicurious by Bruce Aidell. He makes some good sausage and brats found in groceries. There was a recipe for the brat bites too but I will just use some of my butcher’s brats when I get ready to make them. I wanted to make the mustard to try first.

I didn’t have brown mustard seeds so used yellow.  I used malt vinegar thought it would go with the beer flavor. I used my new Ninja food processor to puree the beer and mustard seed mix. I did it until it looked like I still had some seeds left whole. I thought a third cup of horseradish was too much so I used two heaping tablespoons. I thought the mustard cooked well and liked how the cornstarch thickened it at the end.

I had some leftover ham and a brat bun to try the mustard on for my supper. I toasted the brat bun, warmed the ham in the skillet, added some med. cheddar goat cheese and melted under the broiler.

I thought the mustard was one of the best I have made and will try it again. Next time may throw in another Tbs. of horseradish. Our daughter had it with some chicken fingers and said it was good.

Smokin Don

Link to recipe http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/beer-and-horseradish-mustard-355236

Traeger 07E pellet smoker
Weber E210 gas grill
Weber Jumbo Joe Charcoal
Camp Chef Pro 30 gas burner
Camp Chef Iron Griddle
Lodge CI Hibachi
Instant Pot Pressure Cooker
I am not aging, just marinating
I think I am starting to age!
http://pelletsmokercooking.blogspot.com/

Offline sliding_billy

• North Texas
Re: Beer and Horseradish Mustard
« on: January 28, 2016, 02:42:24 PM »
I'll buy a jar the second I see it in the store.  ;D
Custom Offset/GMG Davy Crockett/Vision Kamado/Blackstone 36"/Weber 22" "redhead"/ WSM 14.5" X2/Jumbo Joe/Pit Boss Copperhead/KCBS

Offline Tailgating is my game

Re: Beer and Horseradish Mustard
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2016, 03:50:22 PM »
looks great
Big Easy IR fryer
Margaritaville Tailgating Grill. (Jets)
Char-Broil Grill2Go X200
Pizza Pronto Gas Pizza oven & WOK
Coleman Portable Propane Fryer
Sears 4 burner gas G

Weber 22 inch Chal
Uniflame Little Char