Author Topic: How do you like your Guiness - With chocolate cake of course  (Read 26423 times)

Offline muralboy

How do you like your Guiness - With chocolate cake of course
« Reply #-1 on: March 13, 2016, 11:45:22 PM »
I made an chocolate avocado chile sauce to go along with the brisket I cooked, and wasn't impressed with the combo.  Flavor of the sauce was good but didn't work with the brisket like I thought it might.

So went digging into my archives to find out something to pair it with.  Found a recipe for Stout Chocolate Cake.  Being that this was St Paddy's day weekend I figure why not.  Sauce turned out to be a good icing/topping for this cake. 

Gotta think of some more options for this sauce though.
Keep Calm And Smoke On

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
  • Brevard NC - Home Of Hillbilly Caviar
    • Savor Spices
That could make for an interesting icing....

Here is one of my recipes that I make round this time of year. It is a favorite of mine. Samuel Smith, or any really chocolatey - mocha stout will work.

http://www.letstalkbbq.com/index.php?topic=10421.0
BBQ is neither verb or noun. It is an experience.
Fine Swine and Bovine BBQ Team - Home of squeal and veal!
Beer, Butter and Bacon make everything better.
PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401

Offline muralboy

Re: How do you like your Guiness - With chocolate cake of course
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2016, 12:19:07 AM »
That could make for an interesting icing....

Here is one of my recipes that I make round this time of year. It is a favorite of mine. Samuel Smith, or any really chocolatey - mocha stout will work.

http://www.letstalkbbq.com/index.php?topic=10421.0

Cake recipes are almost identical.  Like you recipe for the icing.  Noted for future use.
Keep Calm And Smoke On

Offline ACW3

• Morganton, NC
Re: How do you like your Guiness - With chocolate cake of course
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2016, 07:52:28 AM »
That reminds me of some homemade ice cream I made a number of years ago.  Guinness ice cream, that is.  The first step after making up my custard was to take a can of Guinness and reduce the volume by half.  As the Guinness was was slowly simmering away I couldn't help notice that not only did it looks like the oil sludge from an old engine, but it even smelled a bit like it.  In for a penny, in for a pound.  I mixed the Guinness motor oil in with the custard and then into the ice cream maker.  It actually came out quite good.  I would make it again.

Might be worth trying with some of your sauce over the ice cream.

Art
MAK 2 STAR (#171) Since RETIRED!
MAK 2 STAR (#4408)
Weber Kettle W/ Rotisserie
Uuni 2 Pizza Oven
Member #11