Author Topic: Cold Pasta Salad and Cold Cut Sandwich  (Read 18119 times)

Offline Smokin Don

• Pellet Smoker Cooking
Cold Pasta Salad and Cold Cut Sandwich
« Reply #-1 on: July 25, 2016, 09:24:17 PM »
July 26 2016

I decided a cold sandwich and pasta salad would be great for a hot day. It hit 91 here today. I got the pasta salad recipe from a friend at work and made it often but lost the recipe somehow. I remembered it I think! I used to use Durkee’s Salad Seasoning but can’t find it so I used Mc Cormick’s Super Salad seasoning, looks about the same ingredients as Durkee’s.

Recipe:
1 pound of spaghetti cooked and drained
½ English Cucumber cut in half and thin sliced
¾ Green pepper sliced thin and cut in thirds
3 to 4 garlic cloves diced fine
2 to 3 Tablespoons Mc Cormick’s  Super Salad Seasonings or more to taste
Salt and pepper to taste

Some good Italian Salad Dressing,
I used Ken’s Steak House Northern Italian style. I had a little less than a pound of pasta so used about ¾ of the bottle. I just drain the pasta and let cool in the colander; drizzle a little olive oil over and mix so it doesn’t stick together. While it’s cooling I cut up the peppers and cukes then mix all together. I think mixing while the pasta is a little warm lets it take on more flavor. Let the salad set in the fridge several hours before serving. It holds up well for a few days.

My sandwich was some Maille Dijon Mustard, some Margherita Brand salami, Kah’s smoked ham and a slice of Swiss cheese on a Cheap White Bun. All tasted pretty good.

Smokin Don
Traeger 07E pellet smoker
Weber E210 gas grill
Weber Jumbo Joe Charcoal
Camp Chef Pro 30 gas burner
Camp Chef Iron Griddle
Lodge CI Hibachi
Instant Pot Pressure Cooker
I am not aging, just marinating
I think I am starting to age!
http://pelletsmokercooking.blogspot.com/