Welcome Center > Posting Photos & Videos

What About Google Photos?

(1/6) > >>

Dakota Don:
Since Photo Bucket is broken (forever in my opinion) I've been reading about various photo sharing sites. While I like Teesquare's suggestion about SmugMug, I'm frowning at the $48 per year {I'm feeling pretty tight-ass today  :-\)    The totally FREE Google Photos sounds like the best of both worlds.   Here's a bit of copy & paste from one of the photo enthusiasts;
 'While the free version does include slight compression, I don’t mind this since these aren’t the only copies of my images. Google’s iOS and web apps offer some fun extras like turning photos into GIFs and creating “stories” around specific events.
In short, Google Photos offers the best of both worlds: local organization plus a great cross-platform viewing experience.
My immediate plan is to create a specific Google account for my cooking & hobby photos that I want to share.  I will leave my large photo album with many years of family pictures & treasures in my private Dropbox account.   Just my thoughts, I'd love to hear (see) more posts on this subject, as I think we can safely say we are ALL DONE with PB and their BS. :'(   Don

GusRobin:
Does google allow 3 rd party posting ?(Like where on photobucket you can used to be able to copy the img link into your post and see your picture)

teesquare:
The only input I can give you is this: It is frustrating when i allow myself to believe that "FREE"....really means free. It doesn't.

What it means is - there will be ads, or a charge to remove/retrieve my photos later if I choose. Or some other "hook".

It does pain me a little to pay for photo storage. But - with a company like Smugmug - photo storage is their priority - not a sideline. They do offer printing services of various kinds...but everything they do keys in on storing your photos.

It makes a BIG difference longterm.....

N. Ontario Smoker:
I still use DropShots. It's free and still works great. If you need smaller pictures I use a little program called Image Resizer for Windows. It's only 900kb in size and you just right click on any picture and tell it what size you want. It's free also.

sliding_billy:

--- Quote from: N. Ontario Smoker on July 07, 2017, 08:17:01 AM ---I still use DropShots. It's free and still works great. If you need smaller pictures I use a little program called Image Resizer for Windows. It's only 900kb in size and you just right click on any picture and tell it what size you want. It's free also.

--- End quote ---

I have started using DropShots since all of this started with PB.  If only the Android app (and I assume IOS) supported getting IMG links instead of having to use the mobile web version to do all work from the phone.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version