FORUM SPONSORS > Savannah Stoker Pellet Grill Control System

How I program the Smoke, Cook, Hold Feature in the Savannah Stoker V4.5

(1/2) > >>

Savannahsmoker:
1. Two boston butts in the Blaz'n Grid Iron controlled by the Savannah Stoke V4.5
2. I set the program to Smoke at 180 degrees for 7 hrs.  with a fan speed 3. 
3. at 7 hrs. it will automatically change to Cook Mode and increase pit temp to my setting of 225 degrees.
4.  It will maintain 225 until it hits the time I set or meat temperature whichever comes first.  In this, I want to go by meat temperature so I set a high time of 600 minutes and the probe temp to 203 degrees.  4  When it hits 203 degrees meat temp the controller will automatically change to the Hold mode and in this case, I set it to 180.  It will remain at 180 until I pull it and stop the Program or shut the smoker down.

tomcrete1:
Awesome! I have a question though.. Was thinkin of updating to a Blazin Grill I thought they had a PID controller.. You updated to Savannah Stoke which has more features from what I can see does the original controller on the Blazin not work correctly?  Just curios as can be.......... ???

Savannahsmoker:
Tom, you are right in that I upgraded to the Savannah Stoker V4.5 because it has more features, plus better control with Auto-Tune and a plethora of user adjustments to fine tune for the right smoke and operation.

The Blaz'n Roanoke controller is on my test bench while I further dissect it's 35 parameters.
[/URL]

tomcrete1:
Thank you! Can't wait to see the results.. I'm almost there and ready to upgrade from the Rec Tec Mini to the Blazin Grill but if the controller is not PID like the Mini ( which I thought it was) then I am not interested.  thanks again!

HighOnSmoke:
I also upgraded my Blaz'n to the Savannah Stoker Tom. The Roanoke controller worked as it was programmed at the factory, but I had to fiddle with the settings, with Savannah Smoker's help, to get it close to where I wanted it to be. But..when Hurricane Irma hit my controller got damaged by not only moisture, but with spider nests and a large beehive on the inside of the controller. I never thought about cleaning inside as I thought it was protected. I also never cover my grills so a lot that moisture was on me. But I am EXTREMELY happy with the Savannah Stoker. Once I learned the difference in parameter settings (again with the help of Art (Savannah Smoker) I have it dialed in to within a couple degrees of what my Smoke is reading. I should have changed it out sooner as it would have saved a lot of headaches.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version