Welcome Center > New Member Introductions

Greetings from Portugal

(1/4) > >>

jeffncris:
Hello all,
   I am an American retired and living in sunny Portugal. I have been using a weber kettle forever, and I have been bitten by the smoking bug too. I have a Bradley digital smoker and a Smokey Joe as well. Now I want a PBC Junior (I cook mostly for two) however I can only find the big PBC in England then shipped here). Charcoal is pretty steep in these parts, over 20 bucks for a 16 pound bag. I was wondering, if I were to strategically place a few fire bricks in the charcoal basket, could i do that so I'm not using half a bag of charcoal (10 bucks!) to cook two ribs? I can get lump charcoal very cheap, but it does burn hotter, perhaps a mix of the two will work? I'm on the fence, I'd dearly love to get one but if I've gotta fill the basket to maintain the proper temps, its just not economically feasible for me. I'd love any comments or tips from the experinced users on this forum and if you're ever in Portugal, stop by for a beer and a que!

thanks,
jeffncris

TMB:
Welcome from Alabama!  Long way away from home, but you will find this is a great place to be ;)

TentHunteR:
Welcome, from sometimes sunny NE Ohio!

smokeasaurus:
Howdy from Central Texas

ACW3:
Welcome from North Carolina.

Art

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version