Author Topic: Prome Rib 2011, Part 2  (Read 1058 times)

Offline ACW3

• Morganton, NC
Prome Rib 2011, Part 2
« Reply #-1 on: January 01, 2012, 11:44:19 AM »
This is what an eight pound rib roast looks like with shredded horseradish encrusting it.  I rubbed the rib roast with some Annie’s Roasted Garlic EVOO, added some Big Poppa’s double Secret Rub, and then covered the roast with the horseradish.  I did this same recipe last Christmas-time using Zatarain's mustard instead of the EVOO.

Here it is on the grill and ready to cook.  I used BD oak flavored pellets on the Smoke setting on my MAK for the first hour.

Then I kicked the temp up to 225 until I reached an IT of 125.  Part way through the cook I had to tent the roast so I wouldn’t burn the horseradish.  I believe it came out really well.

While the meat was cooking I started to prep my Hasselback potatoes.  I started by peeling the potatoes and then slicing them most of the way through without actually cutting all the way through.  Two wooden spoons do the trick here.

Into a pan and ready for the melted butter, salt and pepper, and eventually some three cheese blend (Parmesan, Romano, and Asiago) on top to finish.

The finale will be in Part 3.

Art
MAK 2 STAR (#171) Since RETIRED!
MAK 2 STAR (#4408)
Weber Kettle W/ Rotisserie
Uuni 2 Pizza Oven
Member #11