Author Topic: My First Dry Bag Aging with Rib Eye Loins  (Read 4957 times)

Offline sparky

• northern california
Re: My First Dry Bag Aging with Rib Eye Loins
« Reply #29 on: July 24, 2013, 12:50:34 PM »
why do you wrap them in saran wrap before vacuum sealing them?  my wife came over and looked at your whole process.  she wants to get some dry bags also and try this.  I like the color myself.  thank you very much for showing us your process.  I think muebe had done this before also.   :-\
PBC
Cobb Grill
Go Sun Solar Cooker
Weber Jumbo Joe
Weber Mastertouch
member #66

Offline Scallywag

• Ontario, Canada
« Reply #30 on: July 24, 2013, 01:06:11 PM »
UPS me a couple and I will gladly do a taste test for ya! Really cool.. I'm gonna order some steak bags now...
Mak 2 star #855
XL BGE
18.5 WSM

Offline CDN Smoker

• Manitoba, Canada
« Reply #31 on: July 24, 2013, 05:51:58 PM »
If you fellows are going to try this then I would suggest buying the thickest loin possiable. There will be shrinkage.

I found the 1" thick streaks to be to thin, prefer 1 1/2"

Look for the post by Muebe, he has how to vac the bags down pat. They won't vaccumn the same as a regular bag.

Heading north to give you a second opinion ;)

You are most welcome Pappy. I might be down to the big city first ;D

I have no doubt you will notice a difference in taste, but...  I hope you will have someone blind test them for preference as well.

Actually have three couples feeding off these 3 loins

dude, i'm right behind ya.  look in your rear view mirror for a blue F-150.  ya, that's me.   :)
[/quote]

You might as well pick up Scallwag ;D

why do you wrap them in saran wrap before vacuum sealing them?  my wife came over and looked at your whole process.  she wants to get some dry bags also and try this.  I like the color myself.  thank you very much for showing us your process.  I think muebe had done this before also.   :-\

I'm not 100% sure I believe it was on another thread and now I just do it.

Your most welcome, just glad to be able to contribute to the site
"GO JETS GO"

MAK 2 Star #1351
Traeger Model BBQ 124, # 1106

Nothing has really happened until it has been recorded. – Virginia Woolf (Usually misquoted as “no pictures, didn’t happen”)

Any mistakes in my writing is by Apple and I am tired of fighting with him as to who is correct.

Offline Scallywag

• Ontario, Canada
My First Dry Bag Aging with Rib Eye Loins
« Reply #32 on: July 24, 2013, 06:27:49 PM »
I am so trying this.. And dude if the peg wasn't so far from here I would be on my way already!
Mak 2 star #855
XL BGE
18.5 WSM