Author Topic: Sauce and Chuck  (Read 499 times)

Offline GusRobin

• Test
Sauce and Chuck
« Reply #-1 on: June 10, 2013, 12:48:51 AM »
Saw a number of posts on pulled chuckie so thought it would be something good to do today.

Started out cold smoking a 3lb chuck.

After the 2 hr cold smoke, rubbed with a simple ground pepper, paprika, and salt rub. Threw in the Bradley at 225* and another hr of smoke.

When it hit IT of 145*, I pulled it, put in a foil pan on a bed of chopped onions and peppers. I was going to wait until it hit 200* and make pulled chuck but it was getting late so I decided to pull at 185* and do sliced beef. I wasn't disappointed.

So while it was cooking I decided to make some sauce. I decided to experiment with a mixture of different recipes I had. Started out chopping some onions, jalapeno, habanero and sweet peppers.

Mixed in all the other ingredients and made 2 versions, 1 with the pepper sauce mixed in and 1 with more of a sweet taste.

Altogether made 5 1/2 qts, and I pressure canned 4 1/2.

Everything came out great, but the sauce needs a little tweaking. But I'll wait a bit, it usually tastes better after sitting a bit.
Why couldn't Noah have swatted the 2 mosquitoes?.

Offline muebe

• Santa Clarita,Ca
Re: Sauce and Chuck
« on: June 10, 2013, 07:28:29 AM »
Chuck looks good Gus! You did not add any liquid to the foil pan? It is great with some Guinness ;)
Member #22
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
Traeger PTG with PID
PBC
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)
Uuni 2 Wood Fired Pizza Oven

Offline Keymaster

• Keymaster Kitchen
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2013, 07:31:43 AM »
Nice job Gus, looks great!!

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2013, 08:34:06 AM »
Good looking meal and I hope that sauce sets up well and is good when you give it a try
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Joined 12-5-11   Member# 32