Author Topic: Hamburger steak qualify as steak?  (Read 4452 times)

Offline Hub

Re: Hamburger steak qualify as steak?
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2013, 09:15:36 AM »
This has been a super thread!  We are reaching exciting new heights in hamburger steak creative cookery, huh?  I'm lovin' it  ;D

Hub
Committed Pellethead & BBQ Writer
KCBS MCBJ & CTC
Ph.B.
Memphis Advantage
NOS American-made Traeger 075
Weber Performer
NG Weber Spirit (warming oven)
PBC
NO SMOKE DETECTOR IN MY OUTDOOR KITCHEN

Offline drholly

• Member No Longer With Us
  • Brooklyn Park, MN
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2013, 03:03:06 AM »
Ok - right up front - I probably should have taken some pictures...  ::)

But, in my defense, it was a late night - the softball games didn't get done till after 10pm, and then I had a softball board meeting. I didn't get home till after 12AM. I was hungry and not thinking of anything "fancy".

There was about 1/2# of the ground chuck that needed to be used. So, I chopped up 1/2 onion, a red pepper, some cooked bacon, and a tomato. Mixed these with the ground chuck, several dashes of Worcestershire sauce, some W.O.W. rub, kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper.

Again, it's a late night - so it went into the fry pan vs. the grill. Got a really nice crust on the first side and flipped it. I added a couple slices of extra sharp cheddar and let it go till the cheese was ready. Slid onto a plate and added an egg to the pan. As it started to set, I added just a bit of water, salt and fresh ground pepper -  then covered it to get to sunny-side up. Slid the egg on top of the "steak"...  :o That's when I realized I should have taken some pictures...  :P :P :P Oh, my, that was good!

I couldn't quite finish it, so I gave the rest to my buddy (Roscoe.) As I came down to post this, he was still licking his plate - guess he liked it too!

Ok, I promise - next time I'll keep the camera handy. But, I am sure you can imagine this one...  ;)

David
« Last Edit: July 09, 2013, 03:11:32 AM by drholly »
You can't catch a fish if you don't get a line wet...
Pit Barrel Cooker, Char Broil Electric Smoker, Charbroil Prototype Kettleman, Char Broil 500X, Blackstone Flat Top, Char-Broil SRG, Weber Performer, ANOVA sous vide device, Lodge Hibachi, Discada, Chimenea, fire pit, hunk of pink salt...
Member #

Offline muebe

• Santa Clarita,Ca
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2013, 07:25:27 AM »
Dr.Dee I always enjoy hearing about your meals. ;)
Member #22
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
Traeger PTG with PID
PBC
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)
Uuni 2 Wood Fired Pizza Oven

Offline drholly

• Member No Longer With Us
  • Brooklyn Park, MN
« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2013, 10:15:09 AM »
Dr.Dee I always enjoy hearing about your meals. ;)

Ouch!  ;) ;D ;D ;D ;D
You can't catch a fish if you don't get a line wet...
Pit Barrel Cooker, Char Broil Electric Smoker, Charbroil Prototype Kettleman, Char Broil 500X, Blackstone Flat Top, Char-Broil SRG, Weber Performer, ANOVA sous vide device, Lodge Hibachi, Discada, Chimenea, fire pit, hunk of pink salt...
Member #