Author Topic: another tri-tip cooked like a brisket  (Read 4470 times)

Offline fishingbouchman

another tri-tip cooked like a brisket
« Reply #-1 on: July 12, 2013, 01:59:34 AM »
Do love the tritip. 

at around 150 so foil time.  Little onion and a splash of beer for the meat but I get the rest.

while it is cooking lets get some rings going.  Sliced some Walla Walla and let them sit in some milk.  didn't have butter milk so next best thing. 

Looking good. time for some Foil, Towel, Microwave

Look at that ring

could you see it.  maybe this will help

very good.  Onion rings were great.  could use a bit more seasoning next time but oh they were good. 
Mak 1 Star
Weber Kettle "Blue"

Offline Smokin Don

• Pellet Smoker Cooking
Re: another tri-tip cooked like a brisket
« on: July 12, 2013, 02:03:13 AM »
A very good looking tri tip and meal!!! Onion rings look great how did you cook them? Don
Traeger 07E pellet smoker
Weber E210 gas grill
Weber Jumbo Joe Charcoal
Camp Chef Pro 30 gas burner
Camp Chef Iron Griddle
Lodge CI Hibachi
Instant Pot Pressure Cooker
I am not aging, just marinating
I think I am starting to age!
http://pelletsmokercooking.blogspot.com/

Offline sparky

• northern california
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2013, 04:09:23 AM »
man, that's a smoke ring buddy.  love the rings.  very nice meal.   8)
PBC
Cobb Grill
Go Sun Solar Cooker
Weber Jumbo Joe
Weber Mastertouch
member #66

Offline sliding_billy

• North Texas
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2013, 05:59:30 AM »
Looks fantastic!
Custom Offset/GMG Davy Crockett/Vision Kamado/Blackstone 36"/Weber 22" "redhead"/ WSM 14.5" X2/Jumbo Joe/Pit Boss Copperhead/KCBS

Offline fishingbouchman

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2013, 07:17:12 AM »
A very good looking tri tip and meal!!! Onion rings look great how did you cook them? Don

Saw somewhere they let the onion soak for a while in butter milk.  so I let them soak in milk for an hour or two.  from milk to flower with some paprika.  then egg and some planko.  in fridge to chill.  Mak to 400.  10 min flip and took about another 10 min and they were golden.  Next time I will add a little salt.  Not much don't worry Sparky but it needed a little more something.  But were very crispy and no oil. 
Mak 1 Star
Weber Kettle "Blue"

Offline Keymaster

• Keymaster Kitchen
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2013, 08:11:00 AM »
Looks Great!!

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2013, 08:14:30 AM »
Another successful trisket cook.......
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Joined 12-5-11   Member# 32

Offline muebe

• Santa Clarita,Ca
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2013, 09:23:33 AM »
Nice looking Trisket! I am going to have to give your onion rings a try ;)
Member #22
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
Traeger PTG with PID
PBC
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)
Uuni 2 Wood Fired Pizza Oven

Offline Pappymn

another tri-tip cooked like a brisket
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2013, 09:52:44 AM »
I can't see the smoke ring ???

You sure Muebe isn't feeding you pictures to promote his favorite cause.....the Trisket ;). He is an instigator
Pappy

Proud Owner of Mak 2 Star General #1,000
Weber Performer
Blackstone SS Griddle
Member #109

Offline drholly

• Member No Longer With Us
  • Brooklyn Park, MN
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2013, 10:20:44 AM »
Great looking smoke ring and a super plate! I like the idea of doing the rings on your Mak - I think I'll try some on the PBC this weekend.

Thanks for sharing!

You can't catch a fish if you don't get a line wet...
Pit Barrel Cooker, Char Broil Electric Smoker, Charbroil Prototype Kettleman, Char Broil 500X, Blackstone Flat Top, Char-Broil SRG, Weber Performer, ANOVA sous vide device, Lodge Hibachi, Discada, Chimenea, fire pit, hunk of pink salt...
Member #

Offline muebe

• Santa Clarita,Ca
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2013, 10:24:45 AM »

You sure Muebe isn't feeding you pictures to promote his favorite cause.....the Trisket ;). He is an instigator

When paper was invented I am sure that people harked at the thought....

"You will not take my stone tablet!" said Stone Age Pappy. Then over time as more and more people used paper Stone Age Pappy felt left out. His anger built up and he attacked the paper due to his fear of change.

Years and years went by as Stone Age Pappy watched his friends carry around many letters and books without back problems meanwhile he was limited to one or two stone tablets and a arched back.

While hammering away an opinion piece on his disgust of peas Stone Age Pappy had slipped and hit his hand with his writing hammer. Even then he cursed paper for it's ease of use and almost no weight. He swore to never use paper and cursed those that did.

Then one day Stone Age Pappy reluctantly gave paper a try. He was amazed on how great it was and wished he had tried it years ago. He then went to town handing out reams of paper to the public who were already using paper and did not even remember what a stone tablet was.

Is this story true? It could be.

Is the Trisket worth a try? Definently! ;)
Member #22
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
Traeger PTG with PID
PBC
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)
Uuni 2 Wood Fired Pizza Oven

Offline drholly

• Brooklyn Park, MN
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2013, 10:28:40 AM »

When paper was invented I am sure that people harked at the thought....

"You will not take my stone tablet!" said Stone Age Pappy. Then over time as more and more people used paper Stone Age Pappy felt left out. His anger built up and he attacked the paper due to his fear of change.

Years and years went by as Stone Age Pappy watched his friends carry around many letters and books without back problems meanwhile he was limited to one or two stone tablets and a arched back.

While hammering away an opinion piece on his disgust of peas Stone Age Pappy had slipped and hit his hand with his writing hammer. Even then he cursed paper for it's ease of use and almost no weight. He swore to never use paper and cursed those that did.

Then one day Stone Age Pappy reluctantly gave paper a try. He was amazed on how great it was and wished he had tried it years ago. He then went to town handing out reams of paper to the public who were already using paper and did not even remember what a stone tablet was.

Is this story true? It could be.

Is the Trisket worth a try? Definently! ;)

I want to defend Pappy as he is a fellow Minnesoootin. But, gosh, when you put it this way... I gotta say - Pappy, try a trisket!  ;) ;D ;D ;D

David
Pit Barrel Cooker, Char Broil Electric Smoker, Charbroil Prototype Kettleman, Char Broil 500X, Blackstone Flat Top, Char-Broil SRG, Weber Performer, ANOVA sous vide device, Lodge Hibachi, Discada, Chimenea, fire pit, hunk of pink salt...
Member #

Offline Pappymn

« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2013, 10:40:53 AM »
No worries David.   :o   Muebe has me nailed.....I am a caveman.  ;D 

My wife likes to play this video for me.....she said it nails me pretty well.  ???  Think it might represent a few others here as well.......

http://www.hulu.com/watch/270984 
Pappy

Proud Owner of Mak 2 Star General #1,000
Weber Performer
Blackstone SS Griddle
Member #109

Offline drholly

• Brooklyn Park, MN
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2013, 10:51:19 AM »
No worries David.   :o   Muebe has me nailed.....I am a caveman.  ;D 

My wife likes to play this video for me.....she said it nails me pretty well.  ???  Think it might represent a few others here as well.......

http://www.hulu.com/watch/270984

Great video - I guess I am pretty much a caveman too. Actually, I've not even done a tri-tip let alone a trisket...  ??? But, I found a local butcher in Maple Grove that says they have tri-tips on hand. So this weekend (barring conflicting softball tournaments) I will give both a try!

Cheers,

David
Member #

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2013, 11:24:13 AM »
Nothing on this forum causes more controversy and fear than the Trisket.......with Tendarub a close second.......... :D
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Joined 12-5-11   Member# 32