Author Topic: Pulled the trigger  (Read 3577 times)

Offline drholly

• Member No Longer With Us
  • Brooklyn Park, MN
Re: Pulled the trigger
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2015, 12:42:05 AM »
You got yourself a great cooker coming. To keep busy while you are waiting for it, make sure you got a bunch of Kingsford and meat in the fridge.......

Is there an advantage to keeping the Kingsford cold?  ;) ;D ;D ;D

Yeah it burns slower and lasts longer. ::) :P

Ohhhhhhh I should be good then because my Kingsford is outside and the temps hover near zero every day!   ;) ;D

You can't catch a fish if you don't get a line wet...
Pit Barrel Cooker, Char Broil Electric Smoker, Charbroil Prototype Kettleman, Char Broil 500X, Blackstone Flat Top, Char-Broil SRG, Weber Performer, ANOVA sous vide device, Lodge Hibachi, Discada, Chimenea, fire pit, hunk of pink salt...
Member #

Offline Las Vegan Cajun

• Ralph in LA$ VEGA$
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2015, 02:06:58 AM »
You got yourself a great cooker coming. To keep busy while you are waiting for it, make sure you got a bunch of Kingsford and meat in the fridge.......

Yeah it burns slower and lasts longer. ::) :P

Ohhhhhhh I should be good then because my Kingsford is outside and the temps hover near zero every day!   ;) ;D

During the summer months in Vegas when it's a pleasant 115F in the shade I have to keep my Kingsford inside where it's air conditioned. You ought to see how fast that stuff burns when it's that hot outside.   ;) ::) :P
Laissez Les Bon Temps Rouler
----------------------
Magma Marine Kettle, Camp Chef Single Burner, Dutch Oven Table & Denali 3X, Lodge Habachi, BEESR, WSJ w/GrillGrates, WSM 18.5, Masterbuilt Pro Smoker, Anova Sous Vide (X2), Traeger Jr, 12" A-MAZE-N Tube, PBC, LEM Dehydrator, Dorkfood (DSV)

Offline muebe

• Santa Clarita,Ca
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2015, 09:03:01 AM »

See what that TendaRub does to you! Clouds the mind :P
Member #22
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
Traeger PTG with PID
PBC
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)
Uuni 2 Wood Fired Pizza Oven

Offline djm3801

• Food is love.
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2015, 11:06:10 AM »
I love grilling and outside cooking but hate cold and snow. No way I cook outside when I have to shovel to the grill. Just me. So, lucky for me, we head to Florida after Christmas and new years with the family we head to Florida for 4 months. That said, I have a house to worry about up north. My security cameras remind me of what things are like, as does Facebook and weather people. I do feel bad for folks up there. Were it not for family, I would move here permanent. Cook outside a couple of times a week here.
Food - It's all good.

Char Broil 4 burner RED
Big Easy
Masterbuilt 40" ss electric smoker
WSM 18"
Large Big Green Egg
Roundboy wood burning pizza oven
Master Grill 3 burner
18" Old Smokey
Chef's Choice 610 slicer - Great tool
New Pit Barrel Cooker (PCB)
Retired Char Broil smoker (RIP old friend)

Offline Paul Hart

« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2015, 11:14:52 AM »
I always keep my Kingsford blue in the fridge for freshness, but I repackage the briquettes in individual sized Tupperware containers. 1 each. I dry brine them as well because it imparts a saltiness to the meat that is both salty and smoky. YMMV.
PBC
Weber Performer
Smokenator
Blow torch