Author Topic: Might hang an extra chicken for chicken salad. Anyone have any good and easy recipes?  (Read 3051 times)

Offline Paul Hart

I think the smoky flavor would be awesome in chicken salad.
PBC
Weber Performer
Smokenator
Blow torch

Offline 1Bigg_ER

For salads, try just salt seasoned (dry brined) chicken and if you insist on wood for extra smoke, use a chunk of Pecan.
KARUBECUE!!
Weber WSM 14.5
Weber Performer Platinum
Weber Smokey Mountain 22.5 AKA Big Worm
PBC AKA The chicken whisperer

Offline Paul Hart

Pecan is my new favorite. Thanks.
PBC
Weber Performer
Smokenator
Blow torch

Offline TMB

• Toney, Alabama
One of my favorites is butter injected chicken or what I call  2 Stick Turkey but chicken will work as well  ;)

Melt 2  sticks of real butter mix in two or three Tbs. Mrs. Dash  or if you have some of Tee's seasoning even better

Inject about 1 1/2  of the 2 sticks of butter/mix into the bird and under the skin use the 1/2  that's left over to brush on the outside

Should work well with the PBC cooker
Member #2
2 SRG's  (infrared)
1 BEESR (ele Big Easy infrared)
1 DC smoker/ charcoal SRG (infrared)
1 Infrared smoker (Home Built pellet smoker)
1 Grill2go ice (infrared)
Rec-Tec smoker
Weber Smokey Joe (Silver)
I HAVE AN INFRARED ADDICTION

Offline tlg4942

• "Way down in Alabama"
One of my favorites is butter injected chicken or what I call  2 Stick Turkey but chicken will work as well  ;)

Melt 2  sticks of real butter mix in two or three Tbs. Mrs. Dash  or if you have some of Tee's seasoning even better

Inject about 1 1/2  of the 2 sticks of butter/mix into the bird and under the skin use the 1/2  that's left over to brush on the outside

Couple slices of bacon on there and that would be one deadly delicious chicken !   :D 
Terry "Way down in Alabama"

Offline tlg4942

• "Way down in Alabama"
 Grilled or smoked chicken is always a good addition to salads. and anything with chicken I think.   Kerry makes chicken salad and her chicken pot pie with smoked and grilled chicken. It turns out really good.

Terry "Way down in Alabama"

Offline Las Vegan Cajun

• Ralph in LA$ VEGA$

Thanks for the tip, I know how I will do my next batch of PBC chicken, butter with WOW and some cayenne or Tabasco to kick it up a notch. ;)
Laissez Les Bon Temps Rouler
----------------------
Magma Marine Kettle, Camp Chef Single Burner, Dutch Oven Table & Denali 3X, Lodge Habachi, BEESR, WSJ w/GrillGrates, WSM 18.5, Masterbuilt Pro Smoker, Anova Sous Vide (X2), Traeger Jr, 12" A-MAZE-N Tube, PBC, LEM Dehydrator, Dorkfood (DSV)

Offline pmillen

• She's saying, "There's one over there."
Paul, are you looking for details on how to cook a chicken to be used in chicken salad or do you want a chicken salad recipe?
Paul

MAK 2-Star - M Grills M-36 - Hunsaker Drum - Basic 36" Blackstone Griddle - PK Grill - Masterbuilt 1050 - Kamado Joe Big Joe w/FireBoard Blower - Broilmaster H3 Gas

Offline DWard51

Here is a tip to help keep the chicken moist.

Take a little bit of mayonnaise and rub the outside of the chicken.  Use just enough to give a light film.  Then your rub and seasonings will have something to stick to.  It also helps keep the meat from drying out as the main ingredient in mayo is oil. 

Works for smoking or grilling.

Offline cookiecdcmk

• Always looking for new ways to improve my food.
Here is a previous post for chicken salad that I tried and it is a winner.  http://www.letstalkbbq.com/index.php?topic=8533.msg111945#msg111945

Offline Pappymn

Here is a previous post for chicken salad that I tried and it is a winner.  http://www.letstalkbbq.com/index.php?topic=8533.msg111945#msg111945

I can vouch for this recipe.....it is a winner
Pappy

Proud Owner of Mak 2 Star General #1,000
Weber Performer
Blackstone SS Griddle
Member #109

Offline Paul Hart

Sounds about like what I'm looking for
PBC
Weber Performer
Smokenator
Blow torch

Offline Pit Barrel Cooker Co.

Here ya go Paul :)

[attachments deleted after 6 months]

Offline Co Co Cooker

I think the smoky flavor would be awesome in chicken salad.

We made a chicken salad with a bunch of left over PBC bird.  At first the smokey flavor was strong relative to the other flavors in the chicken salad, but let it sit long enough and it will mellow out.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2015, 07:19:31 AM by Co Co Cooker »
Pit Barrel Cooker
Weber Genesis E-310

Offline djm3801

• Food is love.
I make a chicken salad like the PBC recipe. Sometimes leave grapes out. Never use raisins but always use Craisins (cranberry raisins). I also toss in a little apple cider vinegar and a touch of sugar. My wife like this on toasted cinnamon raisin bread. Me - I like toasted whole grain.
Food - It's all good.

Char Broil 4 burner RED
Big Easy
Masterbuilt 40" ss electric smoker
WSM 18"
Large Big Green Egg
Roundboy wood burning pizza oven
Master Grill 3 burner
18" Old Smokey
Chef's Choice 610 slicer - Great tool
New Pit Barrel Cooker (PCB)
Retired Char Broil smoker (RIP old friend)