Author Topic: PBC cover  (Read 3276 times)

Offline 1Bigg_ER

PBC cover
« Reply #-1 on: May 31, 2014, 07:59:27 PM »
I was going to order the official PBC cover but rain kept.....raining daily!! Ended up at home depot for a Weber cover.

KARUBECUE!!
Weber WSM 14.5
Weber Performer Platinum
Weber Smokey Mountain 22.5 AKA Big Worm
PBC AKA The chicken whisperer

Offline pmillen

• She's saying, "There's one over there."
Re: PBC cover
« on: May 31, 2014, 08:46:48 PM »
I cover my Weber kettle with a trash bag.  I've been thinking that the PBC will get same.
Paul

MAK 2-Star - M Grills M-36 - Hunsaker Drum - Basic 36" Blackstone Griddle - PK Grill - Masterbuilt 1050 - Kamado Joe Big Joe w/FireBoard Blower - Broilmaster H3 Gas

Offline 1Bigg_ER

« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2014, 09:24:54 PM »
I cover my Weber kettle with a trash bag.  I've been thinking that the PBC will get same.

LOL! I used to do that until Weber spoiled me with their covers packaged with the WSM and performer.
KARUBECUE!!
Weber WSM 14.5
Weber Performer Platinum

Offline Las Vegan Cajun

• Ralph in LA$ VEGA$
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2014, 11:42:26 PM »

LOL! I used to do that until Weber spoiled me with their covers packaged with the WSM and performer.

Yep, that WSM cover that Weber provides fits like a glove.   ;)
Laissez Les Bon Temps Rouler
----------------------
Magma Marine Kettle, Camp Chef Single Burner, Dutch Oven Table & Denali 3X, Lodge Habachi, BEESR, WSJ w/GrillGrates, WSM 18.5, Masterbuilt Pro Smoker, Anova Sous Vide (X2), Traeger Jr, 12" A-MAZE-N Tube, PBC, LEM Dehydrator, Dorkfood (DSV)

Offline 1Bigg_ER

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2014, 12:11:39 AM »
I think any grill or smoker over $200 need to have a cover as part of the package.
KARUBECUE!!
Weber WSM 14.5
Weber Performer Platinum

Offline PongGod

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2014, 10:41:52 AM »
How much does this Weber cover sell for?
Pit Barrel Cooker
Weber Smokey Joe

Offline pmillen

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2014, 12:10:13 PM »
I bought a Weber cover for my kettle at a big box store (I think it was by Weber—it had the logo and all).  It sun-bleached from black to slate grey and then disappeared in a windstorm.  Maybe it tore and I disposed of it.  Anyway, it appeared to be a waste of money when a trash bag will suffice.
Paul

MAK 2-Star - M Grills M-36 - Hunsaker Drum - Basic 36" Blackstone Griddle - PK Grill - Masterbuilt 1050 - Kamado Joe Big Joe w/FireBoard Blower - Broilmaster H3 Gas

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
  • Brevard NC - Home Of Hillbilly Caviar
    • Savor Spices
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2014, 12:17:58 PM »
Well... there is a little more to a good cover than that I am afraid Paul. A good cover should breathe - and not promote condensation on your grill. Nothing makes a sweaty greenhouse like a plastic bag! ;)

BUt - I am with you on the frustration of buying a nicer cover - and then it goes to live in Kansas with Toto and Alice.... ;D

So - I rivet or have a commercial seamstress sew on straps with velcro so that I can adjust the cover, and anchor it. It does not stop color fade - and thus far nothing I have owned will stay black in the sunshine for that long.

But, I don't lose them to the wind anymore. :)
BBQ is neither verb or noun. It is an experience.
Fine Swine and Bovine BBQ Team - Home of squeal and veal!
Beer, Butter and Bacon make everything better.
PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401

Offline pmillen

« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2014, 12:43:57 PM »
A good cover should breathe - and not promote condensation on your grill. Nothing makes a sweaty greenhouse like a plastic bag! ;)

Yeah, I've thought about that.  The kettle is fairly rust proof but the PBC?  Probably not.

I'll run out to the deck a few times and pull the trash bag to see if there's noticeable condensation inside.  I have the feeling that there won't be.

Then too, I look at a lot of the covers and wonder how well they breathe.  Most appear to be fabric coated with something like neoprene. 

I clicked on "Preview" before posting this.  The preview window had a notice reading "Fetching preview..."  I think it was rather nice of it to tell me that my post was judged to be fetching.  I thought it was rather stylish and attractive, myself.
Paul

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
  • Brevard NC - Home Of Hillbilly Caviar
    • Savor Spices
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2014, 01:09:30 PM »

I clicked on "Preview" before posting this.  The preview window had a notice reading "Fetching preview..."  I think it was rather nice of it to tell me that my post was judged to be fetching.  I thought it was rather stylish and attractive, myself.

Yeah...I thought it might be a nice, uplifting feature to include. Sort of a confidence inspiring add-on.... ::) ??? 8)
BBQ is neither verb or noun. It is an experience.
Fine Swine and Bovine BBQ Team - Home of squeal and veal!
Beer, Butter and Bacon make everything better.
PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401

Offline 1Bigg_ER

« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2014, 01:43:28 PM »
How much does this Weber cover sell for?

$37.95 at home depot.
KARUBECUE!!
Weber WSM 14.5
Weber Performer Platinum

Offline 1Bigg_ER

« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2014, 01:47:12 PM »
I've had my Weber performer for years. Been happy with the cover , that's why I went with a Weber cover. I just tuck it under the horse shoes, no flying away.
KARUBECUE!!
Weber WSM 14.5
Weber Performer Platinum

Offline JGARCIA

« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2014, 09:02:22 AM »
Cover?  We don't need no stinking cover.

My poor Weber has been outside since 1997.  Occasionally had a cover but has been uncovered most of the time.  May not look as new and have had to replace the handles (1x4, and Weber written with a sharpie mod).  It still cooks like a champ.

My PBC stays in the garage when not in service.  As I get older I treat my toys a little nicer.
22.5" Weber Kettle
New Braunfels Bandera
Pit Barrel Cooker (PBC)
Weber Smokey Joe

Offline 1Bigg_ER

« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2014, 09:54:58 AM »

My poor Weber has been outside since 1997.  Occasionally had a cover but has been uncovered most of the time.  May not look as new and have had to replace the handles (1x4, and Weber written with a sharpie mod).  It still cooks like a champ.

My PBC stays in the garage when not in service.  As I get older I treat my toys a little nicer.
LOL! My garage is on the other side of the house. Would be a hustle to be dragging the toys
KARUBECUE!!
Weber WSM 14.5
Weber Performer Platinum

Offline Las Vegan Cajun

• Ralph in LA$ VEGA$
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2014, 05:12:36 PM »

Covers for grills are like trickle chargers for motorcycles, don't need either if you use them daily.  ;)
Laissez Les Bon Temps Rouler
----------------------
Magma Marine Kettle, Camp Chef Single Burner, Dutch Oven Table & Denali 3X, Lodge Habachi, BEESR, WSJ w/GrillGrates, WSM 18.5, Masterbuilt Pro Smoker, Anova Sous Vide (X2), Traeger Jr, 12" A-MAZE-N Tube, PBC, LEM Dehydrator, Dorkfood (DSV)