Author Topic: The PBC Has Landed  (Read 5586 times)

Offline Jaxon

Re: The PBC Has Landed
« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2014, 09:52:53 AM »
Congratulations on the great gift...your wife must be as sweet as mine.

I hafta agree with Smoke...go for chicken on that first cook.  The barrel was MADE for chicken and it cooks 'em very well.  It'll also give you a chance to dial it in so you'll know what to expect for the long cooking of the butt.

Since the Akorn landed Monday, I have cooked something therein every day.  Yesterday it was wings followed by rib eye steak - today it'll probably be a whole chicken. My wife asked me what I was gonna cook for supper...she hardly does any cooking anymore. That suits me just fine.

Whatever you cook this weekend, I hope you fully enjoy the experience.

Just sayin'....
<><
You're at the top of the food chain...eat like it!

Offline 1Bigg_ER

« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2014, 08:29:35 PM »
You are going to love it. Not sure why you're waiting until weekend. I had PBC chicken in an hour after getting it home. LOL.
KARUBECUE!!
Weber WSM 14.5
Weber Performer Platinum
Weber Smokey Mountain 22.5 AKA Big Worm
PBC AKA The chicken whisperer

Offline hikerman

« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2014, 08:53:12 PM »
You are going to love it. Not sure why you're waiting until weekend. I had PBC chicken in an hour after getting it home. LOL.
Well life gets in the way of life sometimes!  :D  This week, too much time was spent with bankers, (sorry Pappy!) contractors and an appraiser. We were lucky to have dinner before 9:00pm. all week. But hey, it's the weekend!!!!!  ;) ;D 8)

Offline 1Bigg_ER

« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2014, 09:10:46 PM »
Well life gets in the way of life sometimes!  :D  This week, too much time was spent with bankers, (sorry Pappy!) contractors and an appraiser. We were lucky to have dinner before 9:00pm. all week. But hey, it's the weekend!!!!!  ;) ;D 8)

I hear you!! I hope you get some down time to dial in the PBC before July 4th.
KARUBECUE!!
Weber WSM 14.5
Weber Performer Platinum
Weber Smokey Mountain 22.5 AKA Big Worm
PBC AKA The chicken whisperer

Offline hikerman

« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2014, 10:19:57 PM »

I hear you!! I hope you get some down time to dial in the PBC before July 4th.
Thanks 1Bigg, I plan on it!  8)

Offline Las Vegan Cajun

• Ralph in LA$ VEGA$
« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2014, 01:48:06 AM »
Now that the weekend is here looking forward to some good cooks on the PBC and some good brewskis. 
Laissez Les Bon Temps Rouler
----------------------
Magma Marine Kettle, Camp Chef Single Burner, Dutch Oven Table & Denali 3X, Lodge Habachi, BEESR, WSJ w/GrillGrates, WSM 18.5, Masterbuilt Pro Smoker, Anova Sous Vide (X2), Traeger Jr, 12" A-MAZE-N Tube, PBC, LEM Dehydrator, Dorkfood (DSV)

Offline HighOnSmoke

• Global Moderator
  • Palm Bay, Florida
« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2014, 04:09:32 AM »
Congrats on your new cooker Gene!
Mike

Auto Akorn Kamado
Recteq Stampede
Recteq Bullseye 380X
Weber Master Touch
PK Original Grill
Weber Jumbo Joe
Weber Smokey Joe
Green Mountain Grill Pizza Insert
Blackstone 36" and 22" griddles

Offline spuds

• Girl says Hi from the SoCal Mtns.
« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2014, 11:42:50 AM »
Congrats Gene! Hey, it's Saturday somewhere in the world... Look forward to hearing about and seeing your first cook!
Hee hee! :D
Feel free to share my pictorials anywhere you like.Could mention from Spuds if you remember.

Offline hikerman

« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2014, 12:12:08 PM »
Thanks for the kind words everyone!   And David, it's finally Saturday.....HERE!  :D  So, the PBC is plugged in, and turned on. Got a 7lb. pork butt on now and a couple yardbirds going on a bit later. We have thunderstorms on the way so started earlier than planned. Hope it's all done before the rain comes.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline drholly

• Member No Longer With Us
  • Brooklyn Park, MN
« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2014, 08:29:48 PM »
Have my fingers crossed for you, Gene. It is looking very nice so far! I know you are going to really enjoy this cooker!
You can't catch a fish if you don't get a line wet...
Pit Barrel Cooker, Char Broil Electric Smoker, Charbroil Prototype Kettleman, Char Broil 500X, Blackstone Flat Top, Char-Broil SRG, Weber Performer, ANOVA sous vide device, Lodge Hibachi, Discada, Chimenea, fire pit, hunk of pink salt...
Member #

Offline Las Vegan Cajun

• Ralph in LA$ VEGA$
« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2014, 09:02:43 PM »
Looking real good so far buddy, can't wait to hear what adult beverage you are going to recommend with this one.   :P
----------------------
Magma Marine Kettle, Camp Chef Single Burner, Dutch Oven Table & Denali 3X, Lodge Habachi, BEESR, WSJ w/GrillGrates, WSM 18.5, Masterbuilt Pro Smoker, Anova Sous Vide (X2), Traeger Jr, 12" A-MAZE-N Tube, PBC, LEM Dehydrator, Dorkfood (DSV)

Offline hikerman

« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2014, 09:08:22 PM »
Looking real good so far buddy, can't wait to hear what adult beverage you are going to recommend with this one.   :P
I had several Leinie Canoe Paddlers (Kolsch style) while "cooking" 8) , and a glass of Malbec with dinner, to be followed with...... ::)

Offline Las Vegan Cajun

• Ralph in LA$ VEGA$
« Reply #26 on: June 07, 2014, 09:24:50 PM »
I had several Leinie Canoe Paddlers (Kolsch style) while "cooking" 8) , and a glass of Malbec with dinner, to be followed with...... ::)

Next time Mrs. LVC wants me to come to Illinois to visit her family I got to figure out a way to get lost and end up in Grand Ridge.  :P
----------------------

Offline hikerman

« Reply #27 on: June 07, 2014, 09:38:02 PM »
Always a chair for you buddy!  8)

Offline Las Vegan Cajun

• Ralph in LA$ VEGA$
« Reply #28 on: June 08, 2014, 12:22:16 AM »
Always a chair for you buddy!  8)

Thanks buddy!  ;)
----------------------