Author Topic: Latest thoughts on my Cast Iron Cookware  (Read 95206 times)

Offline Pam Gould

• Lima, Ohio..Lost in middle America
Re: Latest thoughts on my Cast Iron Cookware
« Reply #29 on: February 15, 2015, 07:25:34 AM »
I bought a Le Creuset years ago on eBay..I love it even tho it was stained when I got it. It's the food that counts. I have learned that you just cook with a lot lower heat. I love it for tomato based stuff which is why I bought it in the first place. I can taste the iron in things in the regular cast iron.  Must be me. I have a enameled 12" skillet that I love for browning, and several pots for making soups, a couple of 3 quarts that I use for almost everything. I have learned to make small pots of veggie and potato soups this way. When I am done cooking in them, I pour water into them and let them sit while finishing dinner. It's just like deglazing a pan, nothing sticks to it and clean up is a breeze..I am the dishwasher here so I have learned. I use bamboo and a lot of silicone in my pans. I treat it gently and it likes it in return.  Pam  .☆´¯`•.¸¸. ི♥ྀ. 
Blackstone 22" Griddle
Cook Air
Cobb Grill w/ rotisserie
SRG
BEESR
G2G
CB tabletop propane grill
Cobb grill with rotisserie
22" copper colored Weber / rotisseriw
Uuni pizza maker
Lodge Cast iron Hibachi
tons of cast iron
Anova
Member #3

Offline Juste

Re: Latest thoughts on my Cast Iron Cookware
« Reply #30 on: November 17, 2017, 05:14:21 PM »
All I use anymore is CI. I got tired of pitching y skillets about once a year, especially when you get one ya like! But I like being able to go from cooktop to oven w/o switching pans. Trouble is I couldn't find a good CI for doing omelettes, until I stumbled upon a "Japanese" manufactured pan on Amazon. Normally, I'm big on made in the U.S.A., but we don't have anyone making a pan like this! Mind you, they aren't cheap, but to me well worth it! In fact I like it so much, my wife bought me the larger version for Christmas! They are called Iwachu...they have a nice sloped side, the open handle dissipates heat pretty well and the are somewhat lighter than my local pans.
Funky 2 burner Char-Broil w/ GrillGrates
Member's Mark vertical propane smoker

Offline Pappymn

Latest thoughts on my Cast Iron Cookware
« Reply #31 on: November 17, 2017, 07:13:59 PM »
Very cool looking pan

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Pappy

Proud Owner of Mak 2 Star General #1,000
Weber Performer
Blackstone SS Griddle
Member #109