Author Topic: Food Saver Workhorse  (Read 1042 times)

Offline LostArrow

• Often wrong but never in doubt!
Food Saver Workhorse
« Reply #-1 on: December 30, 2015, 09:02:53 PM »
After careful research I ordered and received a new food saver professional super saver Kit I decided I wanted this model because it was a manual model . I have had two food savers over the last 15 years the first Immanuel lasted for about 12 years the second one is a automatic model. it's about three years old it still works however sometimes with the automatic system you have to hold your mouth, your bag and twirl your left foot in a circle in order to get it to seal.
My automatic model is also not very good for ceiling more than two or 3 gallon bags without having to stop. The New model is supposed to seal up to 25 times without needing to cool down, we'll see how that works.The next criteria with the food saver fit on the counter and not look so ugly my wife would Mikey may put it away.I found that I use the food saver much more often if it's on the counter and easy to use as opposed to when I stored it in the cabinet and had to take 5 to 7 minutes to find everything and get it set up.
I opened it up put it on the counter fits pretty well looks okay to me will see how Miss Ford likes it. Only did one Seal with it just to see how it worked easily sealed a pork butt .
Cooking 20 pounds of chicken leg quarters tomorrow that I'm mainly going to see your two quarters in a bag I'll get an idea of how it works ceiling multiple banks in a row and I'll post again tomorrow few pics of how it looks?

New Braunfels El Darado
Hasty-Bake
Genesis S-330 gasser
Weber Red Genesis 1000
Weber q220
CharBroil CB-740
Char-Griller Kamodo
Curbside kettle
Big Homemade Horizonal smoker @ hunt camp

Offline LostArrow

• Often wrong but never in doubt!
Re: Food Saver Workhorse
« on: December 30, 2015, 09:07:29 PM »
Sealed 17 bags of leftovers from Christmas, smoked chicken, ham , leg quarters & smoked turkey.
Sealed them all pretty non stop , except for writing & dating bags every 5 bags.
Got pretty warm but worked perfectly!

New Braunfels El Darado
Hasty-Bake
Genesis S-330 gasser
Weber Red Genesis 1000
Weber q220
CharBroil CB-740
Char-Griller Kamodo
Curbside kettle
Big Homemade Horizonal smoker @ hunt camp

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
  • Brevard NC - Home Of Hillbilly Caviar
    • Savor Spices
Re: Food Saver Workhorse
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2015, 10:23:12 PM »
Smart choice LA!

If I don't need the larger 15" bags - I always prefer to use my FoodSaver, like yours. You can seal a lot of bags in a row with no problems.
BBQ is neither verb or noun. It is an experience.
Fine Swine and Bovine BBQ Team - Home of squeal and veal!
Beer, Butter and Bacon make everything better.
PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401