Author Topic: The Steakager  (Read 29102 times)

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
Re: The Steakager
« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2016, 09:26:00 AM »
Whew, not cheap...but then again I have never seen anything like this before for home use.

Please keep us posted on this one Bill..................

PS:  How is the San Fernando Valley doing these days??

They had a coupon code for $50 off around Halloween.  That's when I pulled the trigger.  All the videos I've watched seem to think it works well so I'm hoping it will be worth the money.

The Valley is good.  Still nice and hot.

Bill

50.00 off will work.   Nice and Toasty down here in the Inland Empire as well...................
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Joined 12-5-11   Member# 32

Offline Merrick Bill

« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2016, 04:14:34 PM »
Bill how does the wire go out of the fridge? & what will the moist air leaving the unit do to the other food in the fridge?

The wire goes out the hinge side of the door.  Apparently, the gasket form fits around it and there is no leak.  As for the moist air, I believe that leaving the unit dissipates when the refrigerator door is opened.  Also, there's a salt sack that is supposed to wick some of the moisture.

Bill
Large Big Green Egg, Traeger BBQ075, NBBD, La Caja China, Brinkman All-In-One, Weber Q200, Weber Q220, Weber Q320, WSM, and more Weber kettles than I care to admit.

Offline Merrick Bill

« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2016, 04:22:45 PM »

It would be fun to have but for me the price will keep me away for now.
That is exactly where I am at IE to pricey for me.
What happen to entering the market at a low price to entice buyers and raise the price later.

from what I understand they entered the market with a price of $150 (via kickstarter).  After they sold the first batch they made some improvements (bluetooth/wifi and stainless steel) at that point, the price went up to $250.  However, they had a coupon code for $50 off for Halloween. I suspect they'll do the same around Thanksgiving and almost definitely for Christmas.  I balked at $250 and wasn't going to get it, then I saw the cheaper price and decided to give it a try.

Bill
Large Big Green Egg, Traeger BBQ075, NBBD, La Caja China, Brinkman All-In-One, Weber Q200, Weber Q220, Weber Q320, WSM, and more Weber kettles than I care to admit.

Offline Savannahsmoker

« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2016, 10:35:24 PM »

It would be fun to have but for me the price will keep me away for now.
That is exactly where I am at IE to pricey for me.
What happen to entering the market at a low price to entice buyers and raise the price later.

from what I understand they entered the market with a price of $150 (via kickstarter).  After they sold the first batch they made some improvements (bluetooth/wifi and stainless steel) at that point, the price went up to $250.  However, they had a coupon code for $50 off for Halloween. I suspect they'll do the same around Thanksgiving and almost definitely for Christmas.  I balked at $250 and wasn't going to get it, then I saw the cheaper price and decided to give it a try.

Bill
Thanks for the update and and I will say I would give it more thought at $150
Art

Blaz'n Grill Works Grid Iron (Copper)
Royall RG 2000 (gone to live with nephew)
Weber Genesis E-330 (Copper)
The Big Easy
Weber Smokey Joe Gold for fun and vacation,

Offline Tailgating is my game

« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2016, 08:50:46 AM »
Bill how does the wire go out of the fridge? & what will the moist air leaving the unit do to the other food in the fridge?

The wire goes out the hinge side of the door.  Apparently, the gasket form fits around it and there is no leak.  As for the moist air, I believe that leaving the unit dissipates when the refrigerator door is opened.  Also, there's a salt sack that is supposed to wick some of the moisture.

Bill

Bill thanks for the info! enjoy it looks to be a neat product
Big Easy IR fryer
Margaritaville Tailgating Grill. (Jets)
Char-Broil Grill2Go X200
Pizza Pronto Gas Pizza oven & WOK
Coleman Portable Propane Fryer
Sears 4 burner gas G

Weber 22 inch Chal
Uniflame Little Char
Sizzle-Q griddle
Gasone butane
Magma 15 boat gas grill

Offline Merrick Bill

« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2016, 11:01:24 AM »
Now that all the Thanksgiving food is out of the fridge I'm going to set up the Steakager and give it a try.  For those interested in getting one in the near future they have a $50 off code for their website.  Use the code getitquick.

Bill

Offline RAD

Love to cook and eat

Offline muebe

• Santa Clarita,Ca
« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2016, 04:45:04 PM »
RAD it would except I believe the fridges use a smaller based bulb and the light shuts off when the fridge door closes so unless you modify the switch....
Member #22
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
Traeger PTG with PID
PBC
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)
Uuni 2 Wood Fired Pizza Oven

Offline muebe

• Santa Clarita,Ca
« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2016, 04:47:44 PM »
Now that all the Thanksgiving food is out of the fridge I'm going to set up the Steakager and give it a try.  For those interested in getting one in the near future they have a $50 off code for their website.  Use the code getitquick.

Bill

Thanks Bill for the heads up. I am tempted to get one. I would get a small fridge(dorm room style) for it and add an internal power source(plug) in the fridge to provide power.
Member #22
Traeger PTG with PID
PBC
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)

Offline Merrick Bill

« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2016, 04:57:46 PM »

Bill

Thanks Bill for the heads up. I am tempted to get one. I would get a small fridge(dorm room style) for it and add an internal power source(plug) in the fridge to provide power.

You don't need to add internal power.  The power cord slips through the door's gasket.  It seems like a well designed piece of equipment. 

Bill

Offline RAD

« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2016, 05:08:12 PM »
RAD it would except I believe the fridges use a smaller based bulb and the light shuts off when the fridge door closes so unless you modify the switch....
Dang! Always a glitch. Thanks for pointing out the obvious Mike
Love to cook and eat

Offline muebe

• Santa Clarita,Ca
« Reply #25 on: November 26, 2016, 09:41:14 AM »

Bill

You don't need to add internal power.  The power cord slips through the door's gasket.  It seems like a well designed piece of equipment. 

Bill

True but I do like a clean look(no cords dangling)
Member #22
Traeger PTG with PID
PBC

Offline muebe

• Santa Clarita,Ca
« Reply #26 on: November 26, 2016, 09:49:50 AM »
The coupon expired. Just tried it
Member #22
Traeger PTG with PID
PBC

Offline Merrick Bill

« Reply #27 on: November 26, 2016, 10:13:58 AM »

There was one for Halloween and one for Thanksgiving/Black Friday.  I suspect there will be more between now and Christmas.  Keep an eye out. 

Bill

Offline Merrick Bill

« Reply #28 on: November 26, 2016, 10:16:04 AM »

Looks like they have a new code today for $35 instead of $50.  That seems kind of silly, to me.  The new code is SBSCRUSH.

Bill