Author Topic: Grinders  (Read 17634 times)

Offline nepas

• Ft Pierce Fl. Member #35
Grinders
« Reply #-1 on: July 06, 2017, 10:25:06 AM »
UMAi made a video of 2 different grinders in action.

Very good for those looking into a grinder.
Flint
New Elder Wand with infa red tip.

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
  • Brevard NC - Home Of Hillbilly Caviar
    • Savor Spices
Re: Grinders
« on: July 26, 2017, 09:52:34 AM »
I had overlooked this video somehow Rick...But it is a very good comparison. I know a number of folks with the Chef's Choice and it works fine for them, albeit a little noisy. But good bang for the buck.

And something else....I noticed that they are using #8 sizes for recommendation. This is probably the "sweet spot" for size - vs - cost. And - most folks want to just try out making ground meat products like sausage - without getting a second mortgage, or selling a kidney... ;D. Again - it looks like very smart choice of sizing to do a 5 or even 10 lb batch ( bearing in mind that we work close to the fridge, keeping the meat COLD.....) that most of us will make.

Kudos!
BBQ is neither verb or noun. It is an experience.
Fine Swine and Bovine BBQ Team - Home of squeal and veal!
Beer, Butter and Bacon make everything better.
PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401

Offline DWard51

« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2017, 10:42:12 PM »
That reminds me the local Gander Mountain final day is this Saturday.  Anything left is 80-95% off down to the bare walls.  Might have to see if they have a LEM #8 Big Bite left (they had 5 the other day).  Retail is $329 so at 80% off that's $65.80 and at 95% it's $16.45.  I think I would jump all over either of those prices.

Offline nepas

• Ft Pierce Fl. Member #35
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2017, 07:44:51 AM »
I have the LEM Big Bite #5. One thing i have noticed chunks work better than strips of meat. The strip just wants to hold close to the auger twist.
Flint
New Elder Wand with infa red tip.

Offline TMB

• Toney, Alabama
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2017, 08:11:33 AM »
That reminds me the local Gander Mountain final day is this Saturday.  Anything left is 80-95% off down to the bare walls.  Might have to see if they have a LEM #8 Big Bite left (they had 5 the other day).  Retail is $329 so at 80% off that's $65.80 and at 95% it's $16.45.  I think I would jump all over either of those prices.
Good luck, the Gander mtn here has shoes and shoes and tee shirts that's about it.  All the good stuff went months ago

! did pick up two types of clothes racks for Kimmie to use in yardsales  ;)
Member #2
2 SRG's  (infrared)
1 BEESR (ele Big Easy infrared)
1 DC smoker/ charcoal SRG (infrared)
1 Infrared smoker (Home Built pellet smoker)
1 Grill2go ice (infrared)
Rec-Tec smoker
Weber Smokey Joe (Silver)
I HAVE AN INFRARED ADDICTION