Author Topic: Heat resistant gloves  (Read 11373 times)

Offline jboo70

Heat resistant gloves
« Reply #-1 on: January 18, 2014, 03:34:35 AM »

Offline sliding_billy

• North Texas
Re: Heat resistant gloves
« on: January 18, 2014, 04:33:38 AM »
Never used either of them (I am too cheap to buy them), but both of them are in my save for later at Amazon so I am looking forward to hearing from others who may use them.  I have about 800 pairs of non-latex gloves, so I just tend to put them on over and under other gloves as needed and also use them for meat handling (yeah, it gets hot sometimes but I tough it out).
Custom Offset/GMG Davy Crockett/Vision Kamado/Blackstone 36"/Weber 22" "redhead"/ WSM 14.5" X2/Jumbo Joe/Pit Boss Copperhead/KCBS

Offline jboo70

« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2014, 04:56:19 AM »
I love my amazon wish lists.  I have several categories.  Even if I don't get them from amazon its a great place to store wants and needs (but mostly wants).

Offline muebe

• Santa Clarita,Ca
Member #22
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
Traeger PTG with PID
PBC
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)
Uuni 2 Wood Fired Pizza Oven

Offline africanmeat

• Cape Town South Africa
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2014, 07:55:24 AM »
i use those

[attachment deleted by admin]
Ahron
cadac gas grill
GMG Daniel Boone
MES 30"
RF self made smoker
wood pizza oven
weber

Offline MoHuka

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2014, 08:27:10 AM »
I have and used the insulated food gloves (second Link) and they work great..

I also have the silicone ones as in the first link but have not tried them yet...
Lead a good life and treat your fellow man as you wish to be treated and the attendance at your funeral will be largely dependent on the weather
---------------------------
KCBS CBJ
Bradley 6-rack with PID and 2-element mod
REC TEC
SRG with Tommy Ring
Weber Genesis with Grill Grates
ANOVA Sous Vide

Offline LostArrow

• Often wrong but never in doubt!
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2014, 08:51:52 AM »
I have gloves like the second link , use for pulling pork, shrewd with my hands. They work well but get very slick.
Might invest in the first look interesting.
New Braunfels El Darado
Hasty-Bake
Genesis S-330 gasser
Weber Red Genesis 1000
Weber q220
CharBroil CB-740
Char-Griller Kamodo
Curbside kettle
Big Homemade Horizonal smoker @ hunt camp

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2014, 10:41:41 AM »
I get the black Knight gloves from Bill Cannon over at Texas BBQ Rub.....
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Joined 12-5-11   Member# 32

Offline deestafford

• Augusta, GA
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2014, 10:48:42 AM »
My older daughter gave me two of those that muebe linked to for Christmas and I love them.  They are sold at Kroger. I guess you could use them to pull pork but I wouldn't. I use them only for handling hot stuff out of the oven, off the grill etc...not wet stuff. I tried the silicone mitts and found them kind of clumsy to handle compared to gloves; however, they do a great job of protection. 

Dee
This post may contain misspellings, grammatical errors, disorganized sentence structure, misquotes, and lack a coherent theme.  These elements are natural to the process of writing, and will only add to the beauty of the post.

Five Burner Quantum IR Grill , TBE, SRG, 2 MES, 3 Bayou Cookers

Offline CDN Smoker

• Manitoba, Canada
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2014, 10:50:34 AM »
I don't have either but I prefer the 2nd link better. Saved both for more research.

Thanks for posting ;D
"GO JETS GO"

MAK 2 Star #1351
Traeger Model BBQ 124, # 1106

Nothing has really happened until it has been recorded. – Virginia Woolf (Usually misquoted as “no pictures, didn’t happen”)

Any mistakes in my writing is by Apple and I am tired of fighting with him as to who is correct.

Offline pmillen

• She's saying, "There's one over there."
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2014, 01:50:44 PM »
I was gifted a pair of the Raichlen gloves but melted them (misuse) the first time I tried them.

My second pair of gloves for lifting meat out of the pit...

didn't fit well enough to inspire confidence.  So I gave them away.

Still shopping.  Need to try them on before buying.
Paul

MAK 2-Star - M Grills M-36 - Hunsaker Drum - Basic 36" Blackstone Griddle - PK Grill - Masterbuilt 1050 - Kamado Joe Big Joe w/FireBoard Blower - Broilmaster H3 Gas

Offline aliengriller

« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2014, 02:56:28 PM »
Have a pair like the 2nd link--quite useful, although as someone pointed out, VERY slick!   Be careful when lifting roasts, turkeys, chickens, etc., off the grill or you just might find it on the ground/floor/ wherever.    And do NOT get the insides dirty/greasy--very hard to get really clean again and take a while to dry, as I learned the hard way!   Is there any other way to learn?   Someone hep me!

Offline Jaxon

« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2014, 04:07:09 PM »
I have the Silicone mitts and can lift the hot smoker box out of the gas smoker without heat - very good for lifting hot grates, etc. Not so good for lifting food because they are slick as silicone.

I have the ove gloves az well and they are pretty heat resistant, though not as much as the silicone. You don't want to hold really hot grates, etc for long. They are not for food handling because of the absorbant fabric. They are better fitting and give you more dexterity.

Just sayin '...
<><
You're at the top of the food chain...eat like it!

Offline jboo70

« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2014, 01:18:35 AM »
The mits seemed to be to cumbersome.  I liked the glove better.  I was worried about the slickness of the grey pair.  I think I'll get the green ones and then I'll do a review when I get them.

Offline jboo70

« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2014, 02:26:29 AM »
My Gecko Gloves came today.  They are a great buy.  I have larger hands so they are just a tad tight but dexterity is still good.  They are super grippy.  I've used them for Oven duty so far and they work perfectly.  I look forward to using them on the grill next weekend.  I've got some pulled pork to cook for the super bowl.

Here are some unboxing pictures.