Author Topic: Digital Grill Thermometers  (Read 6670 times)

Offline stl-rich

Re: Digital Grill Thermometers
« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2015, 07:24:19 PM »
Most folks use Mavericks - I bought an iGrill2 thinking it would work with my windows computer but it doesn't - I guess I would be using it alot
Webers & Akorns

Offline Smokerjunky

« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2015, 03:23:38 PM »
I have no experience with the iGrill but I did purchase the Maverick recently and can't say enough about it.  I find it easy to set/use and the range is great - I take the remote upstairs at night for my overnight cooks and it has performed perfectly.  It does seem to chew up batteries fairly fast but well worth it for the accuracy and ease of use.
Grand Slam Pro
Weber Summit

Offline Big Dawg

• Smoke 'em if you got 'em.
    • The Sultans of Swine
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2015, 05:02:38 PM »
I have no experience with the iGrill but I did purchase the Maverick recently and can't say enough about it.  I find it easy to set/use and the range is great - I take the remote upstairs at night for my overnight cooks and it has performed perfectly. It does seem to chew up batteries fairly fast but well worth it for the accuracy and ease of use.

Wow!  I can't remember when I last put batteries in mine.  Are you using Alkalines?

BD
The Sultans of Swine

22.5 WSM - Fat Boy
22.5 OTG - Little Man
26.75 - Big Kahuna

KCBS: The Sultans of Swine-NC

Offline tailfeathers

• To blessed to be distressed!
Digital Grill Thermometers
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2015, 05:41:58 PM »
I have no experience with the iGrill but I did purchase the Maverick recently and can't say enough about it.  I find it easy to set/use and the range is great - I take the remote upstairs at night for my overnight cooks and it has performed perfectly. It does seem to chew up batteries fairly fast but well worth it for the accuracy and ease of use.

Wow!  I can't remember when I last put batteries in mine.  Are you using Alkalines?

BD
Same here. Don't remember ever having to replace the batteries in mine. I have ET73 and ET733 models. The 73 has much more limited range than the 733. That's the reason I have both. I did get 6 foot probes for the 733 and recommend them highly. The cheapest source I have found for them is A-maze-n. Todd is a sponsor here and has great prices, products and service.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: August 19, 2015, 05:48:20 PM by tailfeathers »
Bradley 6 rack digital w/ 900w mod
auber pid
Rec Tec 680
Ducane gasser
weber kettles
Anova precision SV
Kitchenaide mixer/chef's choice grinder
LEM stuffer
Vacmaster VP112 chamber sealer
A-maze-n Qmatz/tubes
Cabela's 10" slicer
Cook-Air grill
Cabela's 80L dehydrator

Offline Smokerjunky

« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2015, 10:49:28 AM »

I have the ET733 - I use Duracell batteries.  I have had the unit for about three months and am on the second set of batteries in the remote.

BD
Same here. Don't remember ever having to replace the batteries in mine. I have ET73 and ET733 models. The 73 has much more limited range than the 733. That's the reason I have both. I did get 6 foot probes for the 733 and recommend them highly. The cheapest source I have found for them is A-maze-n. Todd is a sponsor here and has great prices, products and service.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Grand Slam Pro
Weber Summit

Offline africanmeat

• Cape Town South Africa
« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2015, 02:27:13 PM »
i just got 2 iDevices® iGrill2® Grilling Thermometer with Bluetooth from ebay  one at $70 and one at $82 .
i love them .
Ahron
cadac gas grill
GMG Daniel Boone
MES 30"
RF self made smoker
wood pizza oven
weber

Offline jjjonz

« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2015, 04:28:30 PM »
Love my new ET732...Had a old maverick for years and never a problem. I looked at the ET733 ,but just to many setting . The ET732 is  a little more simple and I am a simple man.
Weber Smokey Joe gold...mini WSM
2002 Weber Genesis Silver [rebuilt]
PBC
Camp Chef smokin pro Stx
Thermopen [fast British racing green]

Offline TentHunteR

• Global Moderator
  • N.E. Ohio
« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2015, 04:18:01 AM »
Add me to the list of happy Maverick owners.
<><
2017 MAK 1 Star General with FlameZone
Former Owner: MAK 1 Star General - 2014 & 2011 Models
Weber Performer with Stoven Pellet Grill Adapter
Modified Horizontal Offset Smoker
1986 Weber One-Touch Silver (a few dings, but still works)
Member #68

Offline tomcrete1

« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2015, 05:50:05 PM »
I Grill 2 works great for me haven't had any issues with reception and the app works great on my iPhone and iPad
Webber Spirit
Visions Ceramic
PBC
King Griller Akorn
Big Easy SRG
Big Easy
Rec Tec Mini
PK Grill
Cook Air Grill
Blackstone Pizza Oven
Blackstone 28" Griddle
Power Air Fryer XL