Author Topic: Perfect Mix Brisket recipe from Daniel Rodriguez  (Read 726 times)

Offline GrillGirl@cookinpellets

Perfect Mix Brisket recipe from Daniel Rodriguez
« Reply #-1 on: July 11, 2016, 01:01:38 PM »
Fill hopper with Perfect Mix 
Set the smoker to 225 
Place chunks of white oak or other wood on deflector plate when using pellet smoker.
Take untrimmed brisket and trim up to 1/4 inch of fat off the brisket. Make sure to trim all hard fat off the brisket.
Rub brisket with salt and pepper rub. Any rub will due but a salt based rub works best.
Place brisket in a aluminum pan center of smoker. Smoke till brisket forms a good bark. That's between 160 - 170 internal temp. Then add beef broth to pan about 1/2 inch and cover pan in foil. Cook to 195 interal temp. Please understand time is variable based on size of brisket and type of smoker. Let brisket rest for minimum of 1 hr in cooler wrapped in towels or cambro type of holder. Slice cross grain.

Offline rwalters

Perfect Mix Brisket recipe from Daniel Rodriguez
« on: July 11, 2016, 01:38:45 PM »
Thanks for sharing...hmmm, have never tried laying a chunk of wood on the deflector during a low n slow pellet pooper cook. Now you've got me wondering if that'll really get hot enough to generate smoke.  Will have to try for myself ;)
MAK 2 Star #3236, Weber 26.75" kettle, 36" Blackstone griddle, 17" Blackstone griddle.

I am not a vegetarian, but I eat animals that are... :-)