Author Topic: Veggie Night for the DIL  (Read 543 times)

Offline Smokin Don

• Pellet Smoker Cooking
Veggie Night for the DIL
« Reply #-1 on: November 03, 2016, 09:28:03 PM »
Nov 03 2016

Our son was away on business so told the daughter in law I would cook for her tonight. I was not going to post this but it turned out colorful and I haven’t done a veggie cook for her lately. I did it in a skillet and cooked some Jasmine rice in my rice cooker to serve it over.

My veggies were onions, red & yellow peppers, carrots, a couple of green onions, broccolini, sugar snap peas, mushrooms, water chestnuts and baby corn. I beat up 3 eggs and fried for topping. I did them in a CI skillet with some olive oil kinda in steps as listed. When all was in I added a little soy sauce and corn starch in water for a sauce, I covered and cooked to heat all through.

I served the grandson and then myself and the DIL and wife got what they wanted. The grandson finished what I gave him then went back and ate the rest of the rice and eggs.

It tasted pretty good but told the DIL I may have to fry some meat later! I did get some protein from the eggs.

Smokin Don
Traeger 07E pellet smoker
Weber E210 gas grill
Weber Jumbo Joe Charcoal
Camp Chef Pro 30 gas burner
Camp Chef Iron Griddle
Lodge CI Hibachi
Instant Pot Pressure Cooker
I am not aging, just marinating
I think I am starting to age!
http://pelletsmokercooking.blogspot.com/

Offline Savannahsmoker

Re: Veggie Night for the DIL
« on: November 03, 2016, 10:30:04 PM »
After seeing this my Doctor would want me to move with you for you good Veggie's eats.
Art

Blaz'n Grill Works Grid Iron (Copper)
Royall RG 2000 (gone to live with nephew)
Weber Genesis E-330 (Copper)
The Big Easy
Weber Smokey Joe Gold for fun and vacation,