Author Topic: Black & Decker Lopper  (Read 18825 times)

Offline RG

• Just a Fat Guy Cooking Stuff
Black & Decker Lopper
« Reply #-1 on: November 11, 2016, 05:31:40 PM »
As y'all know already, I bought a KBQ not so long ago and the inventor of this excellent smoker uses a Black & Decker Lopper to cut wood for the KBQ. I had a truck full of wood delivered to me even before the KBQ arrived and have been using mostly round "branch" pieces that I cut to size using my miter saw but realized that I also have a lot of splits that the miter saw can't cut.

To combat this issue, I went ahead and ordered the Lopper. It says that it can cut pieces of wood up to 4" in diameter but I can attest that it can do larger. On oddly shaped pieces of wood you may have to make cuts then flip it over and finish the cut from the other side. It does this well as the "jaws" clamp onto the wood and hold it securely.

I will say that I was hoping this little saw would work and I can say that it exceeded my expectations! I cut up a bunch of wood for my early morning KBQ session tomorrow with the SRF Wagyu Brisket ;)

A revolving door of cookers and smokers. Some are keepers, some are here today, gone tomorrow!

Offline RG

• Just a Fat Guy Cooking Stuff
Re: Black & Decker Lopper
« on: November 12, 2016, 12:31:39 PM »
I will add that I paid $67.00 for mine as opposed to what Amazon is selling it for at the time of this post ($79.99) so I feel I got a good deal.
A revolving door of cookers and smokers. Some are keepers, some are here today, gone tomorrow!