Author Topic: Off Limits ???  (Read 1504 times)

Offline Big Dawg

• Smoke 'em if you got 'em.
    • The Sultans of Swine
Off Limits ???
« Reply #-1 on: June 15, 2017, 01:56:38 PM »
So, I was going through my normal process:

Hit LTBBQ in my Bookmarks.
Click on "Show unread . . ."
Start looking at topics of interest.

So, there's a topic named "Official Product Review coming soon.................." contributed by Smokesaurus and last commented on by Tommy at 8:00 this AM.

I'm thinking, "Wow, haven't heard anyone talk about FB in a looooong time, let's see what's going on there."

When I click on a topic I always right-click and open in another tab so that my original window remains unchanged.  When the new tab opened, I got a message saying that it was off limits to me.

Am I in a penalty box or something???

BD
The Sultans of Swine

22.5 WSM - Fat Boy
22.5 OTG - Little Man
26.75 - Big Kahuna

KCBS: The Sultans of Swine-NC

Offline TentHunteR

• Global Moderator
  • N.E. Ohio
Re: Off Limits ???
« on: June 15, 2017, 02:24:02 PM »
No. Neither you, nor anyone else, are in any kind of penalty box.   :D

The entire Fire Butler section was just moved into a private area because they are currently not a forum sponsor.  You just happened to be logged in while this move was made and were seeing links, etc. that were cached to your browser but are now no longer active.

The next time you  login,  you will not see that post, section, or banner ad in the rotation anymore.
<><
2017 MAK 1 Star General with FlameZone
Former Owner: MAK 1 Star General - 2014 & 2011 Models
Weber Performer with Stoven Pellet Grill Adapter
Modified Horizontal Offset Smoker
1986 Weber One-Touch Silver (a few dings, but still works)
Member #68

Offline Big Dawg

• The Sultans of Swine
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2017, 04:03:55 PM »
Got it.  Just one of those weird coincidences that Smoke was getting ready to write a review as the section was getting dropped.   :thumbup:

BD
The Sultans of Swine

22.5 WSM - Fat Boy
22.5 OTG - Little Man
26.75 - Big Kahuna

Offline Pappymn

Off Limits
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2017, 04:12:49 PM »
I'm always in the dog house around here

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Pappy

Proud Owner of Mak 2 Star General #1,000
Weber Performer
Blackstone SS Griddle
Member #109

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
  • Brevard NC - Home Of Hillbilly Caviar
    • Savor Spices
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2017, 04:20:32 PM »

So, there's a topic named "Official Product Review coming soon.................." contributed by Smokesaurus and last commented on by Tommy at 8:00 this AM.

I'm thinking, "Wow, haven't heard anyone talk about FB in a looooong time, let's see what's going on there."

When I click on a topic I always right-click and open in another tab so that my original window remains unchanged.  When the new tab opened, I got a message saying that it was off limits to me.

BD

Bill - I am hopeful that Troy from Fire Butler will re-join. But because David from SnS has ben so supportive...and Troy posted ONE time that I can find record of in the last 1-1/2 years.....
I just felt like an "Official" review for a product whose owner will not return phone calls, e-mails, P.M.'s etc...well - it just isn't a fair representation of FB - and flatly it feels like Troy of FB is abusing us by not considering LTBBQ worth any participation at all - ( we actually ask our sponsors for 2 posts a week to keep their thread sections "alive"...not all do it - but we ask..) I felt like it kinda pissed on David Parrish with SnS to give an "official" review of a non-sponsor, that will not even engage us here.
Make sense?
BBQ is neither verb or noun. It is an experience.
Fine Swine and Bovine BBQ Team - Home of squeal and veal!
Beer, Butter and Bacon make everything better.
PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401

Offline Tailgating is my game

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2017, 04:28:20 PM »
Geez I thought the $200 a month I pay these guys kept me out of the Dog house ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)
Big Easy IR fryer
Margaritaville Tailgating Grill. (Jets)
Char-Broil Grill2Go X200
Pizza Pronto Gas Pizza oven & WOK
Coleman Portable Propane Fryer
Sears 4 burner gas G

Weber 22 inch Chal
Uniflame Little Char
Sizzle-Q griddle
Gasone butane
Magma 15 boat gas grill

Offline Big Dawg

• The Sultans of Swine
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2017, 05:50:51 PM »

BD

Bill - I am hopeful that Troy from Fire Butler will re-join. But because David from SnS has ben so supportive...and Troy posted ONE time that I can find record of in the last 1-1/2 years.....
I just felt like an "Official" review for a product whose owner will not return phone calls, e-mails, P.M.'s etc...well - it just isn't a fair representation of FB - and flatly it feels like Troy of FB is abusing us by not considering LTBBQ worth any participation at all - ( we actually ask our sponsors for 2 posts a week to keep their thread sections "alive"...not all do it - but we ask..) I felt like it kinda pissed on David Parrish with SnS to give an "official" review of a non-sponsor, that will not even engage us here.
Make sense?

Oh, I understand.  Like I said, it knew it had been a looooong time since anyone had mentioned the FB.  I thought that maybe interest was being rekindled.  (I did not know about the post request - no reason for me to since I'm not a sponsor.  You're right, it is a good idea, but there are a few echo chambers . . . )

BD
The Sultans of Swine

22.5 WSM - Fat Boy
22.5 OTG - Little Man
26.75 - Big Kahuna

Offline Ka Honu

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2017, 09:13:17 PM »
Geez I thought the $200 a month I pay these guys kept me out of the Dog house

Pappy pays far more than that and he doesn't get a "pass." Cowboy up!
Everyone is entitled to my opinion

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
  • Brevard NC - Home Of Hillbilly Caviar
    • Savor Spices
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2017, 08:27:55 AM »

BD

Make sense?

Oh, I understand.  Like I said, it knew it had been a looooong time since anyone had mentioned the FB.  I thought that maybe interest was being rekindled.  (I did not know about the post request - no reason for me to since I'm not a sponsor.  You're right, it is a good idea, but there are a few echo chambers . . . )

BD

We really try to accommodate the best interest of sponsors....as long as it is in keeping with our first charge - which is the health of LTBBQ.  Lets Talk BBQ is not a sterile discussion forum as one can find anywhere on the 'net. As you know - we actually are a living community of friends.People that often get together in the real world, and cook, converse, exchange ideas. That friendship is extended to our sponsors.( What a concept - huh? :D ) LTBBQ is also not a place that just any company waiving money can become a sponsor. It is a core belief that we only allow sponsors to be here based on their offering of products which are innovative or unique to our outdoor cooking repertoire and as important...that they support their products via reasonable level of participation here....
Most of them recognize and appreciate that difference in how we operate LTBBQ. And - some find that as they grow - or their business needs change, LTBBQ may not fit into their business plans. That is completely understandable.
BBQ is neither verb or noun. It is an experience.
Fine Swine and Bovine BBQ Team - Home of squeal and veal!
Beer, Butter and Bacon make everything better.
PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401