Author Topic: The Smoke,Wendy and Sagebrush Smoochy are moving.  (Read 3754 times)

Offline Jaxon

Re: The Smoke,Wendy and Sagebrush Smoochy are moving.
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2017, 11:48:45 AM »
What happened to Ft Payne, AL?

Don't you want to be close to Sparky?

Seriously, I'm happy for y'all and I hope you have a smooth transition.
<><
You're at the top of the food chain...eat like it!

Offline CDN Smoker

• Manitoba, Canada
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2017, 11:59:57 AM »
Congrats and travel safe ;D
"GO JETS GO"

MAK 2 Star #1351
Traeger Model BBQ 124, # 1106

Nothing has really happened until it has been recorded. – Virginia Woolf (Usually misquoted as “no pictures, didn’t happen”)

Any mistakes in my writing is by Apple and I am tired of fighting with him as to who is correct.

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2017, 12:26:40 PM »

Fort Payne would have been nice, however the nursing jobs are in The Lone Star State.........
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Joined 12-5-11   Member# 32

Offline Tailgating is my game

« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2017, 02:16:11 PM »
Congrats Smoke. You will fit right in.....Enjoy
Big Easy IR fryer
Margaritaville Tailgating Grill. (Jets)
Char-Broil Grill2Go X200
Pizza Pronto Gas Pizza oven & WOK
Coleman Portable Propane Fryer
Sears 4 burner gas G

Weber 22 inch Chal
Uniflame Little Char
Sizzle-Q griddle
Gasone butane
Magma 15 boat gas grill

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
  • Brevard NC - Home Of Hillbilly Caviar
    • Savor Spices
« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2017, 02:43:04 PM »

Fort Payne would have been nice, however the nursing jobs are in The Lone Star State.........

Not to mention Waco's proximity to the BBQ center of the Universe...The Hill Country...TEXAS!!! :D :D
BBQ is neither verb or noun. It is an experience.
Fine Swine and Bovine BBQ Team - Home of squeal and veal!
Beer, Butter and Bacon make everything better.
PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2017, 07:28:23 PM »
The only place that I might go to is Southside Market.   I am not really a fan of BBQ restaurants. I might swing into Dickies from time to time to grab a sammie but that is because I am hungry and we are out on the road.  I have no urge to wait hours on end for Que.......call me weird.....call me crazy.........

.............just don't call me late for supper....... ;D
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Offline Pappymn

The Smoke,Wendy and Sagebrush Smoochy are moving.
« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2017, 07:31:39 PM »
I heard Waco has a Sizzler

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Pappy

Proud Owner of Mak 2 Star General #1,000
Weber Performer
Blackstone SS Griddle
Member #109

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2017, 07:33:06 PM »
I heard Waco has a Sizzler

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That is so fricking funny  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D   They actually don't, Wendy checked already :D :D :D :D :D
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Offline IR2dum

• Houston, TX
« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2017, 09:21:10 PM »
The only place that I might go to is Southside Market.   I am not really a fan of BBQ restaurants. I might swing into Dickies from time to time to grab a sammie but that is because I am hungry and we are out on the road.  I have no urge to wait hours on end for Que.......call me weird.....call me crazy.........

.............just don't call me late for supper....... ;D

smoke, I was at Southside Market a couple of weeks ago...They have two lines and the wait was still about 20 to 25 minutes in each one (it was a busy day). First time I witnessed a long line there in about 3 or 4 years. But, in all honesty, if you go during off hours, you can get served pretty quickly. In Lockhart at Smitty's and Kreuz and also Black's, there is usually a minimal wait like 5 minutes or so. This gives you time to read the 3 items on the menu...brisket, ribs, and sausage. But wait, it gets even better. Lockhart's Kreuz Market has opened a pit in Bryan, Texas (close to Tim's community college...Texas A&M) which is only 86 miles from Waco. I wouldn't call these "BBQ restaurants" because they serve their meat right off the pit on butcher paper.

When you and Wendy get settled in in Waco, it would be my pleasure to immerse y'all in a traditional Central Texas BBQ road trip. If you remember, I took Jaxon and Albert on a one day eight stop road trip a couple of years ago. They had a lot of fun, but they ate so much BBQ all day long that they cleaned me out of Nexium and Prilosec all night long.

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #23 on: August 01, 2017, 10:39:43 AM »
Well here is a little update for yall:   We got back from Waco yesterday after being there over the weekend. We got an offer accepted on a nice ranch house in Marlin which is about 30 miles south of Waco. Real small town. Two blocks away is a local butcher shop. Up the road about 15 minutes is Riesel which has a Bushes chicken off to the side of the road. We hit that place 8)   On TX6 there were off-set trailers on the side of the road for sale.....The Smokes kinda town  ;)  Marlin is small but offers a local hospital, H E B, and a small Wal-mart.

We just could not get over all the friendly folk and beauty the area has to offer. We are pushing for a quick escrow......we have to get back there as soon as possible.

Will keep ya posted.................

on a side note, I figured if we stayed in California we would continue to tread water and eventually drown. Selling here and buying in Texas is going to enable us to not only own our home outright but pay off all of our debt with the exception of our Jeep payment..........I can live with that  8)
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Offline Pappymn

The Smoke,Wendy and Sagebrush Smoochy are moving.
« Reply #24 on: August 01, 2017, 11:21:20 AM »
Well here is a little update for yall:   We got back from Waco yesterday after being there over the weekend. We got an offer accepted on a nice ranch house in Marlin which is about 30 miles south of Waco. Real small town. Two blocks away is a local butcher shop. Up the road about 15 minutes is Riesel which has a Bushes chicken off to the side of the road. We hit that place 8)   On TX6 there were off-set trailers on the side of the road for sale.....The Smokes kinda town  ;)  Marlin is small but offers a local hospital, H E B, and a small Wal-mart.

We just could not get over all the friendly folk and beauty the area has to offer. We are pushing for a quick escrow......we have to get back there as soon as possible.

on a side note, I figured if we stayed in California we would continue to tread water and eventually drown. Selling here and buying in Texas is going to enable us to not only own our home outright but pay off all of our debt with the exception of our Jeep payment..........I can live with that  8)
Fantastic news buddy!
Pappy

Proud Owner of Mak 2 Star General #1,000
Weber Performer
Blackstone SS Griddle
Member #109

Offline sliding_billy

• North Texas
« Reply #25 on: August 01, 2017, 11:29:09 AM »

Even closer to Belton in November!
Custom Offset/GMG Davy Crockett/Vision Kamado/Blackstone 36"/Weber 22" "redhead"/ WSM 14.5" X2/Jumbo Joe/Pit Boss Copperhead/KCBS

Offline sparky

• northern california
« Reply #26 on: August 01, 2017, 12:36:00 PM »
Good news.
PBC
Cobb Grill
Go Sun Solar Cooker
Weber Jumbo Joe
Weber Mastertouch
member #66

Offline Saber 4

« Reply #27 on: August 05, 2017, 05:18:58 PM »
California's loss is Texas' gain... Marlin is a nice town and you'll love the area.