Author Topic: Houston I got a problem! To buy or not to buy problem thanks to RG  (Read 3117 times)

Offline Pam Gould

• Lima, Ohio..Lost in middle America
Re: Houston I got a problem! To buy or not to buy problem thanks to RG
« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2017, 06:09:17 PM »
150.00!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  you gotta go for that deal.............

sad part is they have a Weber 22 for $50.00 so for $200.00 :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)   Hey she can only kill me once,

I really want the 22 because I love my 18 just wish it were larger........
I'll take that Weber  .☆´¯`•.¸¸. ི♥ྀ.
Blackstone 22" Griddle
Cook Air
Cobb Grill w/ rotisserie
SRG
BEESR
G2G
CB tabletop propane grill
Cobb grill with rotisserie
22" copper colored Weber / rotisseriw
Uuni pizza maker
Lodge Cast iron Hibachi
tons of cast iron
Anova
Member #3

Offline Tailgating is my game

« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2017, 06:13:06 PM »
I still have my 700 FB well over a year now and not a problem with it. A solid performer at a great price point. It has pretty big temp swings but don't let that bother you.......it is programmed that way for a bunch of tasty smoke.

Its my wife's temp swings that worry me Smoke ;) ;' ;) ;) ;)
Big Easy IR fryer
Margaritaville Tailgating Grill. (Jets)
Char-Broil Grill2Go X200
Pizza Pronto Gas Pizza oven & WOK
Coleman Portable Propane Fryer
Sears 4 burner gas G

Weber 22 inch Chal
Uniflame Little Char
Sizzle-Q griddle
Gasone butane
Magma 15 boat gas grill

« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2017, 06:15:47 PM »

sad part is they have a Weber 22 for $50.00 so for $200.00 :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)   Hey she can only kill me once,

Pam you are always the voice of good reason
Big Easy IR fryer
Char-Broil Grill2Go X200
Sears 4 burner gas G

Weber 22 inch Chal
Uniflame Little Char
Sizzle-Q griddle
Gasone butane
Magma 15 boat gas grill

Offline Pam Gould

« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2017, 06:34:26 PM »

I can't get that Weber for $50.00..I tried..wonder why..it's $99..even that isn't bad..I have a 22" at the lake..need one for home..my gasser died...☆´¯`•.¸¸. ི♥ྀ.

OMG...I got one for $50..yeah me..and hubby is buying it..Merry christmas to me..lol  .☆´¯`•.¸¸. ི♥ྀ.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2017, 06:46:02 PM by Pam Gould »
Blackstone 22" Griddle
Cook Air
Cobb Grill w/ rotisserie
SRG
BEESR
G2G
Uuni pizza maker
Lodge Cast iron Hibachi
tons of cast iron
Anova
Member #3

« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2017, 06:54:00 PM »

I can't get that Weber for $50.00..I tried..wonder why..it's $99..even that isn't bad..I have a 22" at the lake..need one for home..my gasser died...☆´¯`•.¸¸. ི♥ྀ.

OMG...I got one for $50..yeah me..and hubby is buying it..Merry christmas to me..lol  .☆´¯`•.¸¸. ི♥ྀ.

good for you ;D
Big Easy IR fryer
Char-Broil Grill2Go X200
Sears 4 burner gas G

Weber 22 inch Chal
Uniflame Little Char
Sizzle-Q griddle
Gasone butane
Magma 15 boat gas grill

Offline tomcrete1

« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2017, 09:32:38 PM »

good for you ;D

Heck of a deal! congrats!
Webber Spirit
Visions Ceramic
PBC
King Griller Akorn
Big Easy SRG
Big Easy
Rec Tec Mini
PK Grill
Cook Air Grill
Blackstone Pizza Oven
Blackstone 28" Griddle
Power Air Fryer XL
Copper 22.5" Weber Kettle
Green 22.5" Weber Kettle
Black 22.5" Weber Kettle
22" Modified Old Smokey
DeLonghi 1363 Multifryer

Offline Pam Gould

« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2017, 09:21:52 AM »

good for you ;D

Heck of a deal! congrats!
I cancelled the order..it looks like a Weber but it's not..didn't want a knock off..damn WalMart anyways..lol..I need to pay bettter attention..I even had it paid for..but it's cancelled. Someone up there likes me.  .☆´¯`•.¸¸. ི♥ྀ.
Blackstone 22" Griddle
Cook Air
Cobb Grill w/ rotisserie
SRG
BEESR
G2G
Uuni pizza maker
Lodge Cast iron Hibachi
tons of cast iron
Anova
Member #3

UPDATE: Re: Houston I got a problem! To buy or not to buy problem thanks to RG
« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2017, 01:52:17 PM »
OK I went to Walmart today to buy the Pit Boss 700FB

I raided by spare change bottle & came up with $70.00 plus change. I waited a week going back & forth on should i buy it for $150.00.  or will my wife kill me as money has been short around our house but I figured with tax...... only around $89.00 would show up on the CC....not bad right????  You can't kill someone for $89.00 Right? ::) ::) ::)

On the back of my mind I was thinking the wise one Pam was right I should buy the 22 Weber original for $50.00 on clearance.

I don't need a pellet grill. yet the sear feature is great...baking :P :P :P & it would be fun to learn on a new cooker. Slow cooking would be nice!

But

I am a simple guy that is not crazy about smoked food (the Yankee in me).

I love my 18.5 Weber & a Gasser but I always wanted the 22 inch.

Space to store it & buying more fuel?

The money :'( :'( :'( :'(

I have always just loved charcoal & gas.

I love my wife & want to stay married ??? ??? ???

But

When it came down to it I did not listen to Pam or my wife(don't buy a thing) & figured This is too good a deal to pass up... I must buy it ;D ;D ;D

So my change jar in hand 45 minutes later I pull into Walmart. I meet the department Mgr. on the way in. He says I still have the three in the trailer plus I put one on the floor ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D He says yes I will give it to you for the $150.00 as promised. :D :D :D :D

He gets called up front so they get the store manager to help me (I think to myself there goes my special price). He said we cleaned out the trailer & they are all gone :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(   I said what...can't be...... ??? ??? ???  He said yes they are all gone... I was sad & very very disappointed at that very moment. :'( :'( :'(

All of a sudden it just hits me.........You may not believe me but it hit me that the PB was not for me but I always wanted the 22 inch Weber. It was number one on my wish list.

God was working for me & Pam was right all along.......I really did not need or want the pitboss but always wanted the 22 Weber.

So i ran over & the one $50.00 22 inch weber was still there I was all over it like a fly on _____ well you get it.

The department manager comes back in & comes to me to say he was sorry. He went on to say  "I thought we still had 4 left but we don't."  I said hey it happens thanks for looking but I will buy this Weber now.  He says Look you have been great both times you were here I will give you the Weber for $20.00.......I said wow thanks :D :D :D :D :D

So what did i learn:

Buy what you really want & need not just a great deal.

God talks to us we just need to listen.

Don't get upset when things don't go the way you think they should.

Never question Pam ;) ;) ;) ;)

I love my wife & i will still be alive.

Steaks ON :D :D :D :D :D   All well that ends well!

Ok My new $20.00 Grill

It is the Original one. The paint has a few marks that i will touch up but no dents & the cover fits well.

All the parts are there

It is black

Plus it was all put together (sorry Tom & Tommy I know no fun ;) ;) ;))

Ok now one more surprise the department manager said if I find one (PB) in the store I will give it to you for $100.00------Ok i will take back what i just said for that price I would have to get it  ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? Right??????????    LOL
« Last Edit: December 22, 2017, 02:23:48 PM by Tailgating is my game »
Big Easy IR fryer
Char-Broil Grill2Go X200
Sears 4 burner gas G

Weber 22 inch Chal
Uniflame Little Char
Sizzle-Q griddle
Gasone butane
Magma 15 boat gas grill

Offline Pam Gould

I raided by spare change bottle & came up with $70.00 plus change. I waited a week going back & forth on should i buy it for $150.00.  or will my wife kill me as money has been short around our house but I figured with tax...... only around $89.00 would show up on the CC....not bad right????  You can't kill someone for $89.00 Right? ::) ::) ::)

On the back of my mind I was thinking the wise one Pam was right I should buy the 22 Weber original for $50.00 on clearance.

I don't need a pellet grill. yet the sear feature is great...baking :P :P :P & it would be fun to learn on a new cooker. Slow cooking would be nice!

But

But

When it came down to it I did not listen to Pam or my wife(don't buy a thing) & figured This is too good a deal to pass up... I must buy it ;D ;D ;D

So my change jar in hand 45 minutes later I pull into Walmart. I meet the department Mgr. on the way in. He says I still have the three in the trailer plus I put one on the floor ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D He says yes I will give it to you for the $150.00 as promised. :D :D :D :D

He gets called up front so they get the store manager to help me (I think to myself there goes my special price). He said we cleaned out the trailer & they are all gone :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(   I said what...can't be...... ??? ??? ???  He said yes they are all gone... I was sad & very very disappointed at that very moment. :'( :'( :'(

All of a sudden it just hits me.........You may not believe me but it hit me that the PB was not for me but I always wanted the 22 inch Weber. It was number one on my wish list.

God was working for me & Pam was right all along.......I really did not need or want the pitboss but always wanted the 22 Weber.

So i ran over & the one $50.00 22 inch weber was still there I was all over it like a fly on _____ well you get it.

The department manager comes back in & comes to me to say he was sorry. He went on to say  "I thought we still had 4 left but we don't."  I said hey it happens thanks for looking but I will buy this Weber now.  He says Look you have been great both times you were here I will give you the Weber for $20.00.......I said wow thanks :D :D :D :D :D

So what did i learn:

Ok My new $20.00 Grill

It is the Original one. The paint has a few marks that i will touch up but no dents & the cover fits well.

All the parts are there

It is black

Ok now one more surprise the department manager said if I find one (PB) in the store I will give it to you for $100.00------Ok i will take back what i just said for that price I would have to get it  ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? Right??????????    LOL
I'm so glad it worked out for you...you deserve it. Enjoy...☆´¯`•.¸¸. ི♥ྀ.
Blackstone 22" Griddle
Cook Air
Cobb Grill w/ rotisserie
SRG
BEESR
G2G
Uuni pizza maker
Lodge Cast iron Hibachi
tons of cast iron
Anova
Member #3

But

But

So what did i learn:

Ok My new $20.00 Grill

All the parts are there

It is black

I'm so glad it worked out for you...you deserve it. Enjoy...☆´¯`•.¸¸. ི♥ྀ.

Thanks Pam!!!!
Big Easy IR fryer
Char-Broil Grill2Go X200
Sears 4 burner gas G

Weber 22 inch Chal
Uniflame Little Char
Sizzle-Q griddle
Gasone butane
Magma 15 boat gas grill

Offline FrugalQ

• B-TOWN INDIANA
« Reply #24 on: December 22, 2017, 08:12:26 PM »
Alls well that ends well
IF IT BLEEDS.. WE CAN GRILL IT!
Throw some on for me!

Weber Performer Deluxe Crimson (Hoo-Hoo--Hoosiers!!)
PBC
Pit Boss PB700FB
SNS+ w/DNG
GrillGrates
Vortex
Shun & Miyabi Cutlery
Inkbird
Broil King Regal 490 Pro (R.I.P.)
Red KitchenAid Pro (its the fastest)
InstantPot
Anova
Red Thermapen MK4

Offline RG

• Just a Fat Guy Cooking Stuff
« Reply #25 on: December 23, 2017, 07:27:35 AM »
Wow! I was pulling for you on the Pitboss. That sear feature is why I bought it over a Camp Chef and it works surprisingly well! I'd still encourage you to try a pellet grill, I think you'd find its level of smokiness just right.

Now, about that $20.00 deal. You DESERVE that at the very least for the roller coaster they made you ride, lol! I know you'll enjoy it and smile everytime you use it thinking about all of that moolah you saved :)

Congrats on a heck of a deal!!
A revolving door of cookers and smokers. Some are keepers, some are here today, gone tomorrow!

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #26 on: December 23, 2017, 09:41:25 AM »
I am with RG on not giving up on a pellet grill. However, it seems to have ended nicely.
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Joined 12-5-11   Member# 32

« Reply #27 on: December 23, 2017, 02:26:33 PM »
Rg & smoke I agree!!!!!!  but you guys are getting me in trouble  ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)   One more thing I have a new friend in that department MGR.  After Christmas I am heading back there as he still feels there is one or two lost in the store. I am checking the chairs, sofas & car seats for change until then as my coin dish is empty ;) ;) ;) ;)
Big Easy IR fryer
Char-Broil Grill2Go X200
Sears 4 burner gas G

Weber 22 inch Chal
Uniflame Little Char
Sizzle-Q griddle
Gasone butane
Magma 15 boat gas grill