Author Topic: Hot Stove time of year: Outdoor sink long term review!  (Read 14392 times)

Offline Tailgating is my game

Hot Stove time of year: Outdoor sink long term review!
« Reply #-1 on: January 17, 2018, 06:37:03 PM »
I have had a similar product for 15 years outside in CT installed facing extreme sun & heat for the Northeast,

https://www.amazon.com/Outdoor-Garden-Utility-Planting-Station/dp/B06WW3973C/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8

I love it for washing BBQ tools & for guests washing hands without going in the house. Unlike a few reviews I have great water preasure & it drains well as long as you keep the drain clear. Now I don't use it everyday so i would say it is used for around 3 to ten days a year for parties or larger gatherings.

Installation: I installed it on the side of my house (next to the grills) with a drain hose running under my sunroom so that no water is seen when it is used. (10 to 17 Gallons a year) I ran a (water safe) hose under my sunroom connected to a Y adapter at my faucet, When I need it I turn on the water to the sink so that all I need to do is use the sink faucet for water on demand. We have cold water only.

Pros's

1) Clean hands & tools. Also helps with clean up.
2) Drinking water (when needed) Mostly use inside water for cooking but if i need more I use this.
3) Side shelves hold food or plates etc. (nice plus!!!!! I think it can hold up to 15 Lbs)
4) Shelves move in (close) at the end of the day. (so even if I am not using the sink I can hold things on the sink)
5) After 15 years still looks good & works (I just replaced my 50 foot drinking hose two years ago. That is it!
6) Saves on trips into the house for guests washing up.
7) Also nice for cleaning hands when working outside

Cons

1) Sink can get dirty during winter. This year I put tape down the middle of the shelves I have also used garbage bags to cover the sink in the past.

2) The place that you screw in the two garden hoses to the sink are made of plastic & sometimes leak at the start of the year. If  I take five minutes I always seen to stop the leaks for the year.

3) I guess hot water would be nice but i can heat some on my side burner.

4) I paid $69.00 from boaters world but that was years ago

5) Seems they made some changes. Some good some bad please read reviews.

6) Drain cover is great but once a year you need to flush it out for a couple of minutes.

There are other choices out now but I would buy this again (****)'s I do feel if you were to use it everyday it would not last as longs as it has for me. Again, I can not speak for the new model but I really like having a sink outside.
Big Easy IR fryer
Margaritaville Tailgating Grill. (Jets)
Char-Broil Grill2Go X200
Pizza Pronto Gas Pizza oven & WOK
Coleman Portable Propane Fryer
Sears 4 burner gas G

Weber 22 inch Chal
Uniflame Little Char
Sizzle-Q griddle
Gasone butane
Magma 15 boat gas grill

Offline Tailgating is my game

Re: Hot Stove time of year: Outdoor sink long term review!
« on: January 17, 2018, 06:50:30 PM »
For a low cost this may be a good item but I don't like the faucet because it is to low & I don't think you get the spray you get from the other. Plus no shelves on this puppy
Big Easy IR fryer
Margaritaville Tailgating Grill. (Jets)
Char-Broil Grill2Go X200
Pizza Pronto Gas Pizza oven & WOK
Coleman Portable Propane Fryer
Sears 4 burner gas G

Weber 22 inch Chal
Uniflame Little Char
Sizzle-Q griddle
Gasone butane
Magma 15 boat gas grill