Author Topic: Healthy breads,any you can add?  (Read 12808 times)

Offline spuds

• Girl says Hi from the SoCal Mtns.
Healthy breads,any you can add?
« Reply #-1 on: June 11, 2014, 12:29:03 AM »
LVC mentioned in a thread about DAVES KILLER BREAD.Unfortunately my store that was supposed to carry it didnt,so 'NO BREAD FOR YOU!' on that one.

I did find another though that is superb for store bread,its Ezekiel 4.9 sprouted bread,based  on the Bible verse...."Take also unto thee wheat, and barley, and beans, and lentils and millet, and spelt and put them in one vessel…" Ezekiel 4:9

http://www.foodforlife.com/about_us/ezekiel-49

First off,its GOOD! I think it was 3.99,or 4.99 a loaf,I Forget.

No GMO,all organic sprouted ingredients.No processed sugars.No flour.84% of protein vrs eggs and milk,thats high.Its Kosher.Nothing artificial,no shortenings,no preservatives.

Contains 18 amino acids,including all 9 essentials.Being sprouted produces vitamin C,and increases B vitamins.Sprouted legumes and grains are good natural fiber.It makes it easier to digest and absorb minerals.

80 calories per slice.Low Glycemic Index so good for diabetics.Total fat is 0.5 g and has no saturated fat or trans fat. Sodium 75 mg.Per slice its 15 gms carbohydrates, 3 gms of fiber. Protein is 4.8 gms a slice.

And the very best part,its filling and GOOD!You want some good HEALTHY bread that is store bought,this is it IMO.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2014, 12:46:09 AM by spuds »
Feel free to share my pictorials anywhere you like.Could mention from Spuds if you remember.

Offline Smokerjunky

Re: Healthy breads,any you can add?
« on: June 11, 2014, 12:43:20 AM »
Costco (at least the Costco stores in the Seattle area) carry several varieties of Dave's Killer Bread - and it is ALL killer good!!!!!
Grand Slam Pro
Weber Summit

Offline Las Vegan Cajun

• Ralph in LA$ VEGA$
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2014, 12:51:56 AM »
Costco (at least the Costco stores in the Seattle area) carry several varieties of Dave's Killer Bread - and it is ALL killer good!!!!!

The Costco that I go to in Henderson has it too, as well as Winco.  ;)
Laissez Les Bon Temps Rouler
----------------------
Magma Marine Kettle, Camp Chef Single Burner, Dutch Oven Table & Denali 3X, Lodge Habachi, BEESR, WSJ w/GrillGrates, WSM 18.5, Masterbuilt Pro Smoker, Anova Sous Vide (X2), Traeger Jr, 12" A-MAZE-N Tube, PBC, LEM Dehydrator, Dorkfood (DSV)

Offline Las Vegan Cajun

• Ralph in LA$ VEGA$
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2014, 12:53:42 AM »
Here is a link to a website about healthy bread brands.  ;)

http://foodbabe.com/2014/02/24/healthiest-bread-on-the-market/
----------------------
Magma Marine Kettle, Camp Chef Single Burner, Dutch Oven Table & Denali 3X, Lodge Habachi, BEESR, WSJ w/GrillGrates, WSM 18.5, Masterbuilt Pro Smoker, Anova Sous Vide (X2), Traeger Jr, 12" A-MAZE-N Tube, PBC, LEM Dehydrator, Dorkfood (DSV)

Offline spuds

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2014, 01:10:33 AM »
Excellent link LVC,I will look into Winco for the Killer Bread.Also Ralphs and Vons in California

http://daveskillerbread.com/locator/index.php
« Last Edit: June 11, 2014, 01:27:31 AM by spuds »
Feel free to share my pictorials anywhere you like.Could mention from Spuds if you remember.

Offline Las Vegan Cajun

• Ralph in LA$ VEGA$
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2014, 01:40:09 AM »
Excellent link LVC,I will look into Winco for the Killer Bread.Also Ralphs and Vons in California

Any store named Ralphs has got to be good.  ;)
----------------------

Offline spuds

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2014, 01:49:20 AM »

Didnt know you had a grocery chain,eh Ralph? :D

Offline Las Vegan Cajun

• Ralph in LA$ VEGA$
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2014, 01:50:23 AM »

Didnt know you had a grocery chain,eh Ralph? :D
Just one of my many little secrets.  :P
----------------------

Offline spuds

« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2014, 06:08:24 PM »
Got 2 different Daves Killer Bread today.4.69 a loaf and worth every penny,that is nutritionally loaded bread for sure.At 120/calorie per slice I will go light on it,but hey,no empty calories in that stuff with all the fine sprouted ingredients slamming out the vitamins.Looks very similar to the Ezekiel bread so I know Im going to like it,I like these heavier breads.

Thanks Ralph,that was tip I'll be using for LIFE,in all aspects of life too,THANK YOU BUD!

Offline Las Vegan Cajun

• Ralph in LA$ VEGA$
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2014, 07:16:27 PM »
I keep the bread consumption at a minimum too, even the DKB I only have one slice with breakfast and maybe another slice with lunch but no more than that. 
----------------------

Offline spuds

« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2014, 12:18:29 AM »
Ive really been enjoying the DKB. Thats delicious IMO. :P