Author Topic: Chicken Salad Recipe  (Read 713 times)

Offline Pappymn

Chicken Salad Recipe
« Reply #-1 on: March 21, 2014, 04:07:14 PM »
Anybody have a chicken salad recipe that they like. Mine is underwhelming. Not getting the seasoning or something right. I like grapes in mine too.
Pappy

Proud Owner of Mak 2 Star General #1,000
Weber Performer
Blackstone SS Griddle
Member #109

Offline deestafford

• Augusta, GA
Re: Chicken Salad Recipe
« on: March 21, 2014, 06:54:02 PM »
Let me give  you some ingredients that I find help: smoked chicken, mayo, DiJon mustard, celery seed, and curry.  If you can't or don't have time to smoke the chicken you can go with store bought rotisserie chicken which is almost cheaper than you can do it at home.

Dee
This post may contain misspellings, grammatical errors, disorganized sentence structure, misquotes, and lack a coherent theme.  These elements are natural to the process of writing, and will only add to the beauty of the post.

Five Burner Quantum IR Grill , TBE, SRG, 2 MES, 3 Bayou Cookers

Offline Smokin Soon

« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2014, 09:22:51 PM »
Never tried grapes. Mine always has onions, garlic powder, boiled eggs, a bit of Lawry's and Celery Salt. Wife likes a bit of a sweet, so hers gets a couple of TBS sweet pickle relish. I make it quite a bit, but it's never the same.
Traeger 070
2 Big Easy's

Offline Saber 4

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2014, 09:28:43 PM »
This recipe is for Turkey, I made it with smoked turkey for my wife's quilt guild and it was a big hit, even a vegetarian fell in love with it. I'm sure it would work with chicken just as well. I got it from allrecipes.com

Sonny's Waldorf Turkey Salad   

Rated:    

Prep Time: 30 Minutes   Ready In: 1 Hour 30 Minutes
Submitted By: SKYBLUE1963       Servings: 6
"Cooked turkey meat turns this versatile and fresh Waldorf salad into a great lunch or light meal. Serve salad on top of salad greens or in a pita shell."
Ingredients:
1/2 cup mayonnaise
3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
2 tablespoons cider vinegar
1 tablespoon white sugar
1 teaspoon curry powder
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper   2 cups cubed cooked turkey
1 cup halved red seedless grapes
1 apple, cored and chopped
1/2 cup chopped celery with leaves
1/2 cup chopped red onion
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
Directions:
1.   Whisk mayonnaise, Parmesan cheese, cider vinegar, sugar, curry powder, and black pepper together in a bowl until smooth. Lightly toss turkey meat, red grapes, apple, celery, red onion, and walnuts in a salad bowl; pour dressing over salad and toss again to coat. Chill at least 1 hour (or overnight for best flavor).

Offline Pappymn

Chicken Salad Recipe
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2014, 07:13:40 PM »
Thanks everybody!

Saber, I made your recipe and it is a winner. I really liked it. Put it on a toasted brioche bun.

Pappy

Proud Owner of Mak 2 Star General #1,000
Weber Performer
Blackstone SS Griddle
Member #109

Offline Saber 4

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2014, 07:24:11 PM »
Looks good, I get so many good recipes here it's always nice to have one to help a friend out.