Author Topic: I tried to copy muebe…or a side benefit of a sous vide London Broil dinner  (Read 1973 times)

Offline Wingman

• Central Maine
One of the benefits of steak for dinner is steak and eggs the next morning. 

We had some sous vide London Broil “a la muebe” for dinner last night and it made for a great breakfast.  After seeing his London Broil I got a 2 pounder and marinated it overnight and then hit it with some Montreal seasoning before sealing it up.  We were going to the musical “Buddy – The Buddy Holly Story” and it ran way long so the meat was in the bath at 130* for 5 ½ hours instead of the 4 that I planned.  The bag had a lot of fluid in it (wish I had measured it) which I believe was the result of the long cook.  I patted it dry and tossed it on a 500* griddle for 1 min per side.  The flavor was excellent, really beefy.  It wasn’t tenderloin tender but better than most grilled London Broil.  And at 48 calories per ounce, it is excellent if you are counting calories which we are.

Two pounds of meat for $7

Nice hue, but lack of moisture

The marinade we use on all beef came from a cookbook we got in the first grill we ever bought, a 1978 Meco grill.  We have tried many other marinades over the years but have never found one that we like better than this.  I will add it here should someone else want to give it a go.  Thanks for looking.

Dean

Amount  Measure       Ingredient
--------    ------------  --------------------------------
  1 1/2           cups    salad oil
     3/4           cup     soy sauce
     1/4           cup     worcestershire sauce
  2        tablespoons  dry mustard
     1/4      teaspoon  salt
     1/2           cup     wine vinegar
  1 1/2    teaspoons   parsley flakes
  2             cloves     garlic -- crushed
     1/3           cup     lemon juice -- fresh

Combine all ingredients and mix well.  Makes 3.5 cups. 
"You will thank us for smoking."

Weber Jumbo Joe
Weber Spirit E310
Weber Performer Premium
MAK 1 Star #184
Bradley OBS #968,312

Offline Pappymn

Boy that looks perfect Wing. And don't try to be Muebe.....one of him is plenty.
Pappy

Proud Owner of Mak 2 Star General #1,000
Weber Performer
Blackstone SS Griddle
Member #109

Offline Las Vegan Cajun

• Ralph in LA$ VEGA$
Great looking London Broil.  ;)

I did the same thing this morning with the rib roast I cooked yesterday, had it with eggs for breakfast.  Here's a suggestion, reseal the leftover meat and use the SV to reheat it to the same temp you originally SV'ed at.  I did that this morning and the meat was just as medium rare all the way through as it was the first cook.
Laissez Les Bon Temps Rouler
----------------------
Magma Marine Kettle, Camp Chef Single Burner, Dutch Oven Table & Denali 3X, Lodge Habachi, BEESR, WSJ w/GrillGrates, WSM 18.5, Masterbuilt Pro Smoker, Anova Sous Vide (X2), Traeger Jr, 12" A-MAZE-N Tube, PBC, LEM Dehydrator, Dorkfood (DSV)

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
  • Brevard NC - Home Of Hillbilly Caviar
    • Savor Spices
Nice job Dean!

I started a TIME and TEMP sticky at the top of the Sous Vide section. Would you look at the sample post I made there - and add your findings with this cook? Trying to create an on-board quick reference for anyone looking for  examples of time and temp. And - ad your suggestions at the end of it ( over cooked - under cooked, etc...whatever fits...)

Thanks!

T
BBQ is neither verb or noun. It is an experience.
Fine Swine and Bovine BBQ Team - Home of squeal and veal!
Beer, Butter and Bacon make everything better.
PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
  • Brevard NC - Home Of Hillbilly Caviar
    • Savor Spices
Nice job Dean!

I started a TIME and TEMP sticky at the top of the Sous Vide section. Would you look at the sample post I made there - and add your findings with this cook? Trying to create an on-board quick reference for anyone looking for  examples of time and temp. And - ad your suggestions at the end of it ( over cooked - under cooked, etc...whatever fits...)

Thanks!

T
BBQ is neither verb or noun. It is an experience.
Fine Swine and Bovine BBQ Team - Home of squeal and veal!
Beer, Butter and Bacon make everything better.
PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401

Offline spuds

• Girl says Hi from the SoCal Mtns.
Looks really good,and agree with LVC,the adding juice  back works really well.
Feel free to share my pictorials anywhere you like.Could mention from Spuds if you remember.

Offline sliding_billy

• North Texas
Very nice work.
Custom Offset/GMG Davy Crockett/Vision Kamado/Blackstone 36"/Weber 22" "redhead"/ WSM 14.5" X2/Jumbo Joe/Pit Boss Copperhead/KCBS

Offline HighOnSmoke

• Global Moderator
  • Palm Bay, Florida
That does look good Dean and that is the way I like my eggs!
Mike

Auto Akorn Kamado
Recteq Stampede
Recteq Bullseye 380X
Weber Master Touch
PK Original Grill
Weber Jumbo Joe
Weber Smokey Joe
Green Mountain Grill Pizza Insert
Blackstone 36" and 22" griddles

Offline drholly

• Member No Longer With Us
  • Brooklyn Park, MN
Dean - great experiment and looks delicious. Hey, pz, check out those yolks!  ;D
You can't catch a fish if you don't get a line wet...
Pit Barrel Cooker, Char Broil Electric Smoker, Charbroil Prototype Kettleman, Char Broil 500X, Blackstone Flat Top, Char-Broil SRG, Weber Performer, ANOVA sous vide device, Lodge Hibachi, Discada, Chimenea, fire pit, hunk of pink salt...
Member #

Offline drholly

• Brooklyn Park, MN
Boy that looks perfect Wing. And don't try to be Muebe.....one of him is plenty.

Pots and kettles, my friend...  ;) ;D ;D
Pit Barrel Cooker, Char Broil Electric Smoker, Charbroil Prototype Kettleman, Char Broil 500X, Blackstone Flat Top, Char-Broil SRG, Weber Performer, ANOVA sous vide device, Lodge Hibachi, Discada, Chimenea, fire pit, hunk of pink salt...
Member #

Offline Wingman

• Central Maine
That does look good Dean and that is the way I like my eggs!

The great thing about cooking one's own breakfast is that you can have it exactly the way you like it.
"You will thank us for smoking."

Weber Jumbo Joe
Weber Spirit E310
Weber Performer Premium
MAK 1 Star #184
Bradley OBS #968,312

Offline drholly

• Brooklyn Park, MN
Great looking London Broil.  ;)

I did the same thing this morning with the rib roast I cooked yesterday, had it with eggs for breakfast.  Here's a suggestion, reseal the leftover meat and use the SV to reheat it to the same temp you originally SV'ed at.  I did that this morning and the meat was just as medium rare all the way through as it was the first cook.

I really like the idea of using the leftovers reserved meat the next morning. It sounds like this can be a much better way than trying to grill, fry or nuke them. Thanks for the suggestion!
Member #

Offline CDN Smoker

• Manitoba, Canada
That's a fantastic looking breakfast ;D
"GO JETS GO"

MAK 2 Star #1351
Traeger Model BBQ 124, # 1106

Nothing has really happened until it has been recorded. – Virginia Woolf (Usually misquoted as “no pictures, didn’t happen”)

Any mistakes in my writing is by Apple and I am tired of fighting with him as to who is correct.

Offline sparky

• northern california
That's a fantastic looking breakfast ;D

i agree 100%. 
PBC
Cobb Grill
Go Sun Solar Cooker
Weber Jumbo Joe
Weber Mastertouch
member #66

Offline Palmyrasteak

I can't even pronounce sous vide  :-[  BUT I think I will try it SOON! Wow that looks good  :)