Author Topic: Webber Smokefire  (Read 8561 times)

Offline zueth

Webber Smokefire
« Reply #-1 on: January 31, 2021, 10:42:54 PM »
Does anybody have any experience with Webber Smokefire? Sounds like they had some initial issues but getting those addressed? I am really interested in this grill?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Offline zueth

Re: Webber Smokefire
« on: January 31, 2021, 10:47:01 PM »
Read through and see other discussions on this, I will read those.

Offline TMB

• Toney, Alabama
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2021, 10:50:31 AM »
What I have read they worked out the bugs so far but I know nothing other than that.

Weber missed the boat first time, interesting to see if the catch up
Member #2
2 SRG's  (infrared)
1 BEESR (ele Big Easy infrared)
1 DC smoker/ charcoal SRG (infrared)
1 Infrared smoker (Home Built pellet smoker)
1 Grill2go ice (infrared)
Rec-Tec smoker
Weber Smokey Joe (Silver)
I HAVE AN INFRARED ADDICTION

Offline rexster314

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2021, 12:49:55 PM »
I got my EX6 shortly after Thanksgiving. The Gen2 version. Only pellet grilling prior to that was using an AMAZN smoker tube for cold smoking bacon.
I've done just about every kind of cooking on this thing since then. Grilling, smoking, searing. Reverse seared steaks, smoked 10 hour briskets, sausage, fish, pizzas. Side dishes like baked beans, smoked cream corn, romaine lettuce for salads. Chicken wings, check.
My wife loves the food coming off the SF.
I have a Masterbuilt 560 and 1050 that I haven't fired up since October. I have a Kitchenaid gasser that I only use for roasting coffee now.
Masterbuilt 560 Gravity Feed
7 Foot X 20" Pipe BBQ pit with offset firebox
KitchenAid 720-0856V 8 burner 88,000btu gasser
Masterbuilt 40" Sportsman Elite gasser
2 MES 40" smokers
Vacmaster 320 Vacuum Cham

Offline zueth

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2021, 02:17:16 PM »
Thank you, much appreciated.

Offline hd002

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2021, 09:21:40 AM »
Rex how often do you have to clean out the bottom of the barrel , for instance on my pitboss very little if any grease has ever gone to the bottom of the barrel . Im just wondering if the design calls for frequent cleaning ???

Offline rexster314

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2021, 09:29:35 PM »
Rex how often do you have to clean out the bottom of the barrel , for instance on my pitboss very little if any grease has ever gone to the bottom of the barrel . Im just wondering if the design calls for frequent cleaning ???

It really depends on what I cook. I haven't had a big collection of grease, but I do use a large aluminum tray when I do briskets. I guess I'm fairly anal, but after every cook I take my shop vac to it and vacuum up all the ash in the bottom and the fire pot. About once a week I'll scrape out whatever is in the bottom. I've often thought about covering the auger, chute and fire pot/box and pressure washing the whole affair. I might do that on a yearly basis; we'll see.
Masterbuilt 560 Gravity Feed
7 Foot X 20" Pipe BBQ pit with offset firebox
KitchenAid 720-0856V 8 burner 88,000btu gasser
Masterbuilt 40" Sportsman Elite gasser
2 MES 40" smokers
Vacmaster 320 Vacuum Cham

Offline tlg4942

• "Way down in Alabama"
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2021, 10:38:14 PM »
Rex,  how long does it take to get up to temp for grilling?  Say it’s 50 outside and you want to cook at 450...
 And does the wind seem to be much of Issue?

Since my new gasser got damaged in the last hurricane I’ve been looking at what I wanted to replace it. The EX6 seems to be a serious consideration.   A Friend bought a ReqTec 560 and while it works very well it takes a long time to reach temps for grilling.  Apparently about 40 minutes at the specks above...
  Weber claims 15 minutes to warm up but they don’t give any details for what temps “warm up “ refers to.
Terry "Way down in Alabama"

Offline zueth

« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2021, 12:57:27 AM »
Well Rec Teq is all indirect heat so it will probably take at least twice the time of a Smokefire. I have a RT-700, cooked two papa Murphy’s pizzas last night, didn’t time it but was preheated up 425 in about 20-25 minutes would be my guess. I can time it next time if you want.

Offline tlg4942

• "Way down in Alabama"
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2021, 10:51:31 AM »
Well Rec Teq is all indirect heat so it will probably take at least twice the time of a Smokefire. I have a RT-700, cooked two papa Murphy’s pizzas last night, didn’t time it but was preheated up 425 in about 20-25 minutes would be my guess. I can time it next time if you want.

20 minutes is fine, What was the outside temp?  When I heard 40-45 minutes on the Rec Tec smaller Req Tec it seemed a bit long. 

Offline HighOnSmoke

• Global Moderator
  • Palm Bay, Florida
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2021, 10:59:30 AM »

20 minutes is fine, What was the outside temp?  When I heard 40-45 minutes on the Rec Tec smaller Req Tec it seemed a bit long.

Terry my RT590 will hit 425 to 450 in about 15 minutes. That is with 40 to 50 degree temps outside. I think the longest it took was 20 minutes and temp in was in the mid 30's. My Recteq bullseye will hit 500 plus in about 10 minutes in the same type of weather. I use my RT590 for mainly smoking and the bullseye for searing and quick hot cooks.
Mike

Auto Akorn Kamado
Recteq Stampede
Recteq Bullseye 380X
Weber Master Touch
PK Original Grill
Weber Jumbo Joe
Weber Smokey Joe
Green Mountain Grill Pizza Insert
Blackstone 36" and 22" griddles

Offline tlg4942

• "Way down in Alabama"
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2021, 06:36:37 PM »
Thanks For the info.
 I don’t see an issue with 15-20 minutes at all.  I think my co worker needs to give RT a call and see if they can help.  I wondered about it since there is very little discussion on the subject.

Offline zueth

« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2021, 06:57:14 PM »

40-45 degrees

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline zueth

« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2021, 09:08:57 PM »

Terry my RT590 will hit 425 to 450 in about 15 minutes. That is with 40 to 50 degree temps outside. I think the longest it took was 20 minutes and temp in was in the mid 30's. My Recteq bullseye will hit 500 plus in about 10 minutes in the same type of weather. I use my RT590 for mainly smoking and the bullseye for searing and quick hot cooks.
HOS I don’t realize you have a bullseye, how do you like it?

Offline HighOnSmoke

• Global Moderator
  • Palm Bay, Florida
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2021, 11:14:49 PM »

HOS I don’t realize you have a bullseye, how do you like it?

It is awesome! It replaced my Weber kettle. I use it mainly for hot and fast cooks, but you can low n slow on it if you use a water pan under the grate. It has the same controller as the 700, 590, etc minus the wi-fi. Don't really need wi-fi on it. For 399 it was worth the money. I actually drove to Augusta and picked it and my RT 590 up at the same time. I understand that the bullseye will be going up to it's original selling price of 499 in the near future. They had it at 399 due to it being a high demand item and was always back ordered. I use my grill grates from my Weber kettle on it to sear. The riot mode will get to over 800 degrees. I hit it with my laser gun awhile back and it was reading 870.
Mike

Auto Akorn Kamado
Recteq Stampede
Recteq Bullseye 380X
Weber Master Touch
PK Original Grill
Weber Jumbo Joe
Weber Smokey Joe
Green Mountain Grill Pizza Insert
Blackstone 36" and 22" griddles