Author Topic: General news and info  (Read 769 times)

Offline stalag

General news and info
« Reply #-1 on: March 10, 2024, 09:25:33 PM »
I have had an interesting few months.  It turns out the cancer I have is of the slow growing type.  It does give me some hope although not great.  I am considering surgery, but chemotherapy for the cancer is NOT an option due to my allergy to corn.  There is no bending on the chemotherapy option.  I know this is a short update but there are just too many things to be more definitive.

On another note I have also had fiber optic internet just become available.  It is way better and technically some things now just plain work.  However the switch from cable tv based internet to fiber optic based internet means I have had to change out of an email address I have used in some form since the mid 1990's.  A cell phone number has also been deprecated as the old number is also tied to the same cable provider.  Changes have been made and after the overlap is gone I should be saving $60/month.  I have had to get a couple of streaming services but the overall cost is cheaper for better service.  This is a win and makes the pain of switching email and cell numbers tied to different accounts worth it .  Thanks to Cliff, Tim, and Mike for your help.  You all know who you are.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2024, 12:40:48 AM by stalag »
I know nothing, I see nothing, I hear nothing.

Offline old sarge

Re: General news and info
« on: March 19, 2024, 10:26:18 PM »
I will pray for you and hope the surgery grabs all of the cancer. And prayers have been known to be answered in the affirmative.  Stay strong and enjoy your new tech adventures!
US Army 1970-1995
Lodge Sportsman Grill
Weber kettle
Ducane Meridian
Cookshack Amérique
Smokin-it 3D
Old Hickory Knives
Chefs Choice 665 Slicer
LEM MaxVac
LEM BigBite #8
InstantPot Duo80 Plus