OTHER HOBBIES > OTHER HOBBIES

I am all out of hobbies

(1/4) > >>

RG:
I guess I just can't seem to find one that holds my interest for long. I am wired in a way that actually frustrates me and I KNOW it frustrates my wife, lol. Cooking is a hobby that I have managed to stick with, mostly because you get to eat what you've created. I have tried kayaking, it's fun but takes a lot to make it happen for us as we're not near water. Boating? Well, that's a sore subject so I'll skip over that one :P

I like making videos but it's very time consuming and most of my content is boring to anyone other than myself so why bother? I tired the drone thing and 360 camera thing, sold all of that stuff due to feeling guilty about buying it and not using it enough to justify having spent the money for it all (insert nagging wife chatter here). Motorcycles? Yep. I've bought 4 of them, sold 4 of them too! Vehicle restorations? Yep, did a Jeep a few years ago. Got it nice, she never drove it. Guess what? Sold it.

I don't know what it is, but I am chasing something to fill a void and I just can't seem to do so. Maybe this is all meant to be for a therapist's ears, lol. Maybe I am just meant to be a boring homebody . Such is life I guess.

TMB:

--- Quote from: RG on June 11, 2019, 06:15:07 AM ---I guess I just can't seem to find one that holds my interest for long. I am wired in a way that actually frustrates me and I KNOW it frustrates my wife, lol. Cooking is a hobby that I have managed to stick with, mostly because you get to eat what you've created. I have tried kayaking, it's fun but takes a lot to make it happen for us as we're not near water. Boating? Well, that's a sore subject so I'll skip over that one :P

I like making videos but it's very time consuming and most of my content is boring to anyone other than myself so why bother? I tired the drone thing and 360 camera thing, sold all of that stuff due to feeling guilty about buying it and not using it enough to justify having spent the money for it all (insert nagging wife chatter here). Motorcycles? Yep. I've bought 4 of them, sold 4 of them too! Vehicle restorations? Yep, did a Jeep a few years ago. Got it nice, she never drove it. Guess what? Sold it.

I don't know what it is, but I am chasing something to fill a void and I just can't seem to do so. Maybe this is all meant to be for a therapist's ears, lol. Maybe I am just meant to be a boring homebody . Such is life I guess.

--- End quote ---
I know sorta what your talking about, but my hobbies are no longer around due to health issues.  Motocylces are out (bad knees and back)  Hockey, Golf, Hunting and so forth out same reason.   I have tried painting but contact sports were better for me (reason I'm so banged up) Fishing is still in when my hands are able to hold a rod for a few mins at a time.  Rest of my hobbies are COOKING - COOKING and making up recipes  ;)   Low carb recipes  :D :D 

Tailgating is my game:
Wow I am lucky. I love boating so much. Give it time you will find your calling. In a few more years we will all have space travel as an option lol. Like Tommy I played baseball, football & Street Hockey. Those were fun years but now I live for boating as my main hobby. RG I am sorry boating did not work for you. Keep looking & you will find it.

Roget:
I feel your pain.
I have so many different hobbies that I can't seem to concentrate on any one of them for more than a minute. You can only cram so many hobbies into one day (along with any work you want to get done. :D :D

sparky:
I love discgolf, ball golf and took up playing bass guitar.  I started playing ball golf 30 years ago.  17.7 handicap.  Not great but I don't hit it very far.  My putting saves my @ss.  I love discgolf a lot.  I shoot 3 down to 5 up.  Not bad for my age.  I'm teaching myself bass guitar.  Not good at it but I love it.  Bought a fender mustang and bass amp.  My wife is a concert violinist (Folsom and Auburn Symphony) and is teaching me how to read music.  Love, love fishing.  Peaceful and quiet.  Don't care if I catch fish.  Love the outdoors sitting there watching my pole anticipation of catching a big one.  Salmon, trout are what I go after.  I'm a bank fishermen.  Worms and powerbait are my friends.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version