OTHER HOBBIES > OTHER HOBBIES

A new hobby for the wife and I

(1/13) > >>

RG:
I have been wanting Stephanie to get into making crafts for a while and during this pandemic I figured it'd be as good of a time as any. I am an essential worker so my work flow hasn't been interrupted. She, on the other hand, is a housewife used to having lots of free time to go out and about but that has been limited up until recently.

The idea of making crafts entered into my head again and then ultimately she agreed that we should get some equipment. We started very small and then decided to expand and now she's actually making things and selling them! I have made some sales from a Facebook group I am a part of and she has done the same. It feels good to have her bring in some income, lol! It's small potatoes for now, but maybe it'll expand to where she does fairly well.

We're actually going to open an Etsy store at some point, once she gets enough inventory to sell. So far it's been custom stuff but that's cool too!

I'm not trying to pedal product here, I'm just excited about it I guess, lol!

GusRobin:
Good for you guys. Nothing better than doing something you like and making some money on it.

RG:

--- Quote from: GusRobin on September 19, 2020, 06:08:35 PM ---Good for you guys. Nothing better than doing something you like and making some money on it.

--- End quote ---

It's been satisfying so far, she's thrilled that she's making a little money, lol!

There's been a learning curve to learning the equipment and software, mistakes have been made but that's how you learn!

We made this for a friend of ours, it's his 2 bloodhounds. This was before stain and poly.

I made this for a lady to give to her husband for his birthday. It's their motorcycles. It's on live edge wood, looks far better in person!

I've got some other things coming so we'll be able to make more neat things soon (after I waste material learning of course!)

Lines:
Sounds like a great project. Best of luck to you both, and remember, have fun!

TMB:
Great idea.  Kimmies been doing a lot of crafts lately and keeping her mom busy since her dad passed away a couple years ago.   So this pandemic in away has been good to her mom

Bad for me though since I get picked to do all the painting lol

I’ll post hers in another thread

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version