OTHER HOBBIES > OTHER HOBBIES

Plinkers?

<< < (2/5) > >>

Tailgating is my game:
Keep a flare gun & gas on hand...always wanted a flame thrower but those will do for now

RG:
I have a friend who is an ex Marine (or as he says, there is no EX!) and he competes in USPSA events and is GOOOOOD! He reloads his own ammo, keeps all his brass when he shoots. I was going to get into it years back but never did. With the cost of ammo these days, I'm thinking I might start!

ACW3:
I haven't shot in months.  When we sold our house, I had already resigned from my gun club.  Now that we live in the Raleigh area, I am looking forward to getting back in the shooting game.  I used to shoot metallic silhouette, but my back problems limited me in matches.  Now that I am closer to my son and grandson, I will get to shoot more often, and watch the two of them in competition.
My son is a sponsored three-gun shooter.  He has done really well when he competes.  He is also a range master at sanctioned three-gun events.  They pay him to go to different events from North Carolina to Florida, Georgia, Texas and who knows where else.  My grandson is just getting started in competitive shooting with his Dad.  I watched some video of his last match.  He finished 2nd in the Junior Division.  I will have to do some serious practicing to catch up to my grandson, let alone my son.

Art

CDN Smoker:
I have been trying to get out but life is getting in the way.  Hope to soon.

Salmonsmoker:

--- Quote from: RG on August 11, 2021, 06:20:01 PM ---I have a friend who is an ex Marine (or as he says, there is no EX!) and he competes in USPSA events and is GOOOOOD! He reloads his own ammo, keeps all his brass when he shoots. I was going to get into it years back but never did. With the cost of ammo these days, I'm thinking I might start!

--- End quote ---

RG, I find reloading to be fascinating and therapeutic. There's a whole lot of intricacies, science, etc. involved. The supply of reloading bullets, brass, powder and primers are opening up just a tad. I have die sets for all of the calibers I own, and finally got some reloading brass(backordered for a few months) for an 80% 6.5 Grendel I'm building, so I'm good on brass also. For all of the retailers, items that are out of stock or backordered, I click on the "notify me when in stock" button. When it is available, I jump on it right away, and it eventually shows up. My on-hand supply isn't dire anymore, but it's taken a while to lay in a supply.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version