Author Topic: Eagerly awaiting newest addition to the family  (Read 14796 times)

Offline Michigan0626

• Live Free Or Die
Eagerly awaiting newest addition to the family
« Reply #-1 on: May 01, 2018, 10:40:12 AM »
I love shooting.  I would love it, and practice more if it wasn't so damn expensive every time you move your finger a quarter inch.  The best thing though is when I get to shoot for free every year as part of my job (LEO).  If you cannot tell, I was in the Marines from 2002 to 2007.  Ever since I got out I have been pining to have my own AR similar to what I carried in Iraq, twice.  I had absolutely zero interest in the M4's with their collapsible stocks and little 16" barrels. M16's will always have my heart.  I could have easily gotten one of a whole slue of clones, but my problem is that I am a Colt fan/snob/admirer. So when they came out with a faithful civilian version I was smitten. However, due to their high demand and that asshole in Parkland they have become unicorns. Until last night, when struggling to fall asleep past midnight I checked my go to weapons searching website. It when from nothing being available for weeks to all of a sudden over a dozen stores had them in stock. That was not the case only a couple hours earlier (I check multiple times a day).  I can't wait for her to finally show up and get her dirty.  8)

Colt AR15A4 5.56
Colt Rail Gun 45
S&W M&P9
Browning 1911-22
Ruger LC9s
Mossberg Tactical Turkey 12GA
Savage 11 Trophy Hunter XP 308
Savage Rascal single shot 22

I still want need more.  ;)

How many others enjoy a little gunpowder therapy?

« Last Edit: May 01, 2018, 11:04:45 AM by Michigan0626 »
MAK 2 Star General #2804
Camp Chef Flat Top Grill
Cook-Air Little Red Corvette
Anova Precision Sous Vide Cooker
Classic Weber Kettle
Char-Broil Big Easy Oil-less Turkey Fryer

Offline Tailgating is my game

Re: Eagerly awaiting newest addition to the family
« on: May 01, 2018, 11:11:33 AM »
first of all God Bless you for your service.....Congrats on the purchase........I could use a fresh killed turkey ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Big Easy IR fryer
Margaritaville Tailgating Grill. (Jets)
Char-Broil Grill2Go X200
Pizza Pronto Gas Pizza oven & WOK
Coleman Portable Propane Fryer
Sears 4 burner gas G

Weber 22 inch Chal
Uniflame Little Char
Sizzle-Q griddle
Gasone butane
Magma 15 boat gas grill

Offline Smokerjunky

« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2018, 11:19:06 AM »
Thank you for your service.  NICE purchase - enjoy the new addition to the family.
Grand Slam Pro
Weber Summit

Offline Roget

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2018, 11:32:04 AM »
Thank you for serving our country.

Guns are not my biggest obsession, but I do have three S&W M&P9s. and a S&W AR15 223/5.56.
I don't get to shoot as much as I would like. I don't have a range close by, but I sometimes go to a friends home range to practice.

Good lookin' rifle. :thumbup:
YCDBSOYA

GMG Davy Crockett
GMG Jim Bowie
Charbroil SRG
Charbroil BigEasy
Blackstone Pizza Oven
Blackstone Flat Top X 2 (36" & 28")
DBS w/Auberins dual probe PID
Grand Hall 3 burner Grill w/rotisserie,smoke tray, & side burner

Offline Michigan0626

• Live Free Or Die
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2018, 12:25:47 PM »
Thanks guys.  I bought it for nostalgia. I bought it for sporting/defense purposes. I also bought it because I am a little disappointed in my Corps. They no longer teach marksmanship using iron sights in boot camp. They only use the excellent ACOG scopes. I understand training with what you will actually use in war. But what if they break?  You need to know the fundamentals.

So I will make sure my son learns to shoot an AR using iron sights. Ever since he was 5 he has wanted to become a Marine Corps fighter pilot.
MAK 2 Star General #2804
Camp Chef Flat Top Grill
Classic Weber Kettle

Offline TMB

• Toney, Alabama
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2018, 04:13:29 PM »
THANK YOU for your service!!!   That is one thing that I can't say enough!....

I went to join the Marine Corps when I got out of high school but they wouldn't take me for health reasons (back, knees and sooooooo on)  But a lot of friends have been in the Marine Corps and thats why I went to sign.  I mean if I went to war I wanted to trust the guys with me.  Not knocking the other services but from the friends I had they would lay there life down without thinking and that was hard to match!!

Congrats on the new "Toy" and I hope you never have to use it for anything other than target shooting.
Member #2
2 SRG's  (infrared)
1 BEESR (ele Big Easy infrared)
1 DC smoker/ charcoal SRG (infrared)
1 Infrared smoker (Home Built pellet smoker)
1 Grill2go ice (infrared)
Rec-Tec smoker
Weber Smokey Joe (Silver)
I HAVE AN INFRARED ADDICTION

Offline Michigan0626

• Live Free Or Die
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2018, 06:57:22 AM »
THANK YOU for your service!!!   That is one thing that I can't say enough!....

I went to join the Marine Corps when I got out of high school but they wouldn't take me for health reasons (back, knees and sooooooo on)  But a lot of friends have been in the Marine Corps and thats why I went to sign.  I mean if I went to war I wanted to trust the guys with me.  Not knocking the other services but from the friends I had they would lay there life down without thinking and that was hard to match!!

Congrats on the new "Toy" and I hope you never have to use it for anything other than target shooting.

OORAH
MAK 2 Star General #2804
Camp Chef Flat Top Grill
Classic Weber Kettle