Author Topic: More Drone Action  (Read 12860 times)

Offline RG

• Just a Fat Guy Cooking Stuff
More Drone Action
« Reply #-1 on: July 09, 2018, 07:05:13 AM »
My Son and I went out to a couple of spots yesterday to waste a little time flying the drone. I also had my GoPro on my helmet, the Sony on my bike's handlebars, the SJCAM on my passenger footpeg facing backwards and the Akaso cam on back of the Mustang facing backwards (mostly for audio of the exhaust, the drone has no microphone). All in an attempt to garner some usable footage. I never did do any filming of the bike with the drone, I was just trying to get some cool shots of "The Beast" (Mustang).

The sad part is, I WOULD'VE had some SPECTACULAR (non drone) footage of me following him but NO! I didn't press the dang record button, as I thought I had, on the GoPro and on top of that I didn't put a memory card in the Sony  ??? I knew this immediately as it beeped saying "Hey fool, no card!" I at least thought the GoPro was recording though.....NOPE!

We left out of our first stop and I was behind him, he took off pretty dang quick and I was right on his tail and the sound of that V8 was AWESOME! I thought to myself, "This is going to be some GREAT footage!"

He went down some curvy roads, nice scenery, all the while you could hear that Mustang just sounding evil and here and there I could hear my bike growling as well. It was going to be a masterpiece I tell ya  ;) :D :P

We get to the second spot, a local Elementary School, and I snapped these pics with my phone (actually the first two of my bike were at the first spot, a local Monastery)

When we got to the school and I took my helmet off, that's when I realized that it didn't record a dang thing. I was bummed :( Oh well, there'll be other times. I really do need to make a checklist when I load the gear up, make sure I have memory cards inserted AND to make sure I actually press record when I think I am, I need to double check. I actually did the same darn thing when making my brisket video. It's these freakin' Shrek fingers I have! Makes it hard to push little buttons, lol

I did get some nice looking, albeit mundane, video of me just riding the bike back home. Not nearly as exciting as being behind his car. At any rate, without further adieu, here's a poorly edited (rush job, a little sloppy) video of "The Beast", shot at The Monastery of the Holy Spirit in Conyers, GA.

Both of our babies were dirty. The video shows dirt and water spots all over his car but in all fairness, I didn't give him a chance to wash it before leaving out and my bike has visible dust on the cowl. In that first picture you can see it, lol. We got home and he spent 2 hours washing his car. The motorcycle? Still dirty ;D I'll get to it sometime soon.

That's all for now folks!
« Last Edit: July 09, 2018, 12:35:53 PM by RG »
A revolving door of cookers and smokers. Some are keepers, some are here today, gone tomorrow!

Offline Tailgating is my game

Re: More Drone Action
« on: July 09, 2018, 11:34:36 AM »
what a great hobby.....love it
Big Easy IR fryer
Margaritaville Tailgating Grill. (Jets)
Char-Broil Grill2Go X200
Pizza Pronto Gas Pizza oven & WOK
Coleman Portable Propane Fryer
Sears 4 burner gas G

Weber 22 inch Chal
Uniflame Little Char
Sizzle-Q griddle
Gasone butane
Magma 15 boat gas grill

Offline RG

• Just a Fat Guy Cooking Stuff
Re: More Drone Action
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2018, 01:51:49 PM »
what a great hobby.....love it

It certainly is fun. I have SO many ideas, things I want to film and editing I want to do. I've got some tricks up my sleeve ;) lol
A revolving door of cookers and smokers. Some are keepers, some are here today, gone tomorrow!